Latest post Thu, May 12 2016 9:57 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 10 2016 1:05 PM

• Ben Hills
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 17 2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 29
    • Points 410

Frameflex + resize + 3D pip

There still isn't a way of applying FrameFlex to a clip in a sequence without "..applying a FrameFlex source adapter to the clip in the bin." (AVID V8.5 HELP FILE) !!

Then I thought, wouldn't it just make more sense to combine Frameflex + resize + 3D pip to make a move tool, that gets the best resolution out of your source material. If I've got 4K footage in a 1080 sequence, I want to use re-size quite often: that's the advantage of working with high res footage with a lower res delivery spec. But I can't because I have to use Frameflex.. and to use Frameflex I have to match frame, go to source, muck around with settings, go back to my sequence and then open the Frameflex tool (which has it's own set of issues..), keyframe in there..! 

It's way too time consuming for something so simple in principle. I'm sure all the elements are there in the software - can they really not be combined? 

ps - can you also add some basic 3D functionality while you are there ala 3D PIP, thanks! x

3 x HP z800 1 x HP z820 Avid MC 8.4 Windows 7 professional QT version 7.9.7 ----------------------------------- Edit Share Storage 64TB Thekus 12TB NAS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 12 2016 9:57 AM In reply to

Re: Frameflex + resize + 3D pip

Yes its not ideal currently. AMA a clip and cut it into a sequence. Go to effects mode and no option to apply frame flex.

Go to the source clip and go to frame flex. For it to apply you have to amkea  change so you zoom in a little.

Still no change to the sequence until you do a sequence refresh.

Now you can manipulate the FrameFlex but only smaller than you set already. You can't sclae out beyond what you set in the source setting.

You want and need the ability to zoom out anyway sometime.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller