Latest post Fri, Apr 1 2016 2:35 PM by zefrem7. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 1 2016 2:58 AM

• zefrem7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 19 2009
    • Posts 39
    • Points 505

Change Track Color

Hey Gang,

My waveforms weren't displaying for some reason so I reset my timeline to default settings. Good news is my waveforms are back, yay! But now video layer 1 is this ugly red color and it seems to be the only track that won't change when I go through the change track color menu. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!!!

Filed under:
  • Fri, Apr 1 2016 3:41 AM In reply to

• zefrem7
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 39
    • Points 505

Re: Change Track Color

Does this maybe have something to do with the specific type of camera used? The red color doesn't show up on all my projects, just the current one I'm working with. One track (the one that won't change color) is P2 footage, second track is from a RED camera. That track will chnage to what ever color I want. Really weird. It's probably a setting burried in the menu but I can't figure it out.

• Fri, Apr 1 2016 4:06 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,527
    • Points 45,365
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Red usually indicates that the associated media is offline. Muted colors indicates a mismatch in the frame rate. Check the clip colors in the timeline fast menu.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Fri, Apr 1 2016 2:35 PM In reply to

• zefrem7
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 39
    • Points 505

This video is linked through AMA and is definately online. I checked the frame rates and both are at 29.97. So strange...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller