Latest post Tue, Mar 15 2016 12:59 AM by jwrl. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 14 2016 4:07 AM

For those considering AMC 8

I love the workflow of avid very much as a certified user but I want to throw my computer out of my window EVERY SINGLE TIME I WANT TO EXPORT SOMETHING. Avid had given me more nightmeres, frustration and confusion it is stupid. I have searched the internet for days on end looking for some answer to my problems. The only solution I can think of is downloading the Adobe Suite and making that switch. Yes it is that annoying I want to completely change platforms. So save yourself some time, money and frustration and don't make this mistake unless you are roomates with an avid guru! For all the great Avid and offers, I am very disappointed in all the time I spend learning a program with such idiotic and sketchy exporting options. Personally, Avid has made me miss several video deadlines due to this exporting issue... Literally over it.

Filed under: , , , , ,
  • Mon, Mar 14 2016 4:47 AM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,475
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Re: For those considering AMC 8

You appear to have come here last (only 1 post) and still didn't ask any questions or say exactly what trouble you're having.  How can you get help under those circumstances?

There are many, many people here who can help but you have to give them a proper chance by asking about what's giving you trouble.  If you're really not going to use MC anymore, I wish you the best with whatever editor you choose.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Mon, Mar 14 2016 10:37 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,533
    • Points 59,275

trriissttaan:

I love the workflow of avid very much as a certified user but I want to throw my computer out of my window EVERY SINGLE TIME I WANT TO EXPORT SOMETHING. Avid had given me more nightmeres, frustration and confusion it is stupid. I have searched the internet for days on end looking for some answer to my problems. The only solution I can think of is downloading the Adobe Suite and making that switch. Yes it is that annoying I want to completely change platforms. So save yourself some time, money and frustration and don't make this mistake unless you are roomates with an avid guru! For all the great Avid and offers, I am very disappointed in all the time I spend learning a program with such idiotic and sketchy exporting options. Personally, Avid has made me miss several video deadlines due to this exporting issue... Literally over it.

Export works great for me. Always has. I guess I must be an Avid guru (not really) :-)

I wish you had asked a specific question of the many folk here who would have been happy to help. It almost seems like you signed-up for this forum specifically to rant.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 3+ | MC 18.5 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 11 | Sapphire 11 | Mocha Pro 5.6 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D-E... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Mon, Mar 14 2016 1:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,264
    • Points 206,180
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

trriissttaan:

Tristian

I am really sorry you are experiencing export issues --- you have support and I dont see that you called in for help.  I created a case 02919254 and have one of our best guys on it - Cosmin.  Been with Avid a long time and knows his stuff.  He will be reaching out to assist you and help with the issues you are having to ensure the system is working and the export fucntions are ok.

You didnt indicate your specifications so I couldnt comment but Cosmin will dig itno this and get you help asap.

Stand by

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Mar 14 2016 5:01 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,293
    • Points 59,670
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

:)

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2018.3.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 14 2016 6:38 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,103
    • Points 22,625

:-)) Double chin Smiley Face

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Tue, Mar 15 2016 12:59 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,351
    • Points 96,605

I've got a good idea!  Why don't I sign up to the Adobe forums and rant about...

No.  That would be childish.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller