Latest post Wed, Feb 24 2016 4:20 PM by AnEditAssistant. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 24 2016 2:53 PM

AvidMedia Files on an other drive

Hello, 

I've been given a hard drive with a project on it and all media needed for the edit. There are no media files on the drive

I've opened Avid and media is offline. I've looked in each bin and Avid is looking for where the original media files were. How am i able to get avid to create new media files on the drive I have here?

Bare in mind that due to there being no media files there are also no database files. 

Thanks

Filed under:
  • Wed, Feb 24 2016 3:02 PM In reply to

Re: AvidMedia Files on an other drive

Sounds like you don't have media. You need the media.

How was the Avid media created? Maybe it was AMA linked and then transcoded? Or maybe it was imported.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Feb 24 2016 3:10 PM In reply to

This time it was import.

But do you know how to resolve this issue if its either AMA linked or imported?

• Wed, Feb 24 2016 3:22 PM In reply to

If it was imported then you select the sequence or the clips you need. and then select batch import.

If it was AMA linked and then transcoded you need to re AMA link and then re-transcode.

If you have a sequence you would AMA link and then relink those clips to the sequence and then Transcode the sequence.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Feb 24 2016 4:20 PM In reply to

Thanks for your help. 

Im now trying to AMA link files from the route /BPAV/CLPR/Folders/Footage

How am I able to AMA link all of these at once (there are 180 folders), I have the plug in but when I select the folders it says there is nothing to AMA link?

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller