Latest post Fri, May 26 2017 3:51 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 25 2016 6:32 AM In reply to

Re: Waiting on follow up from Avid support... again.

Did you ever try "repairsequences"?  Several times a year, it saves us.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Thu, Feb 25 2016 1:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Thanks Kenton.....

Keep me posted in the future.... the only way I can move the needle on support and response times is if I know and can educate and correct.

thanks

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Feb 26 2016 2:59 AM In reply to

I did try repairsequences on one of them. It's a good tip that I'll keep in my back pocket.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, May 26 2017 3:51 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna,

I'm in a similar situation (again) as Kenton was with support. Two weeks have passed without anyone being able to consistenly follow up on a case. Engineers come and go for different reasons while the problem(s) remain. I will send you (and Vicky) case details through PM and/or skype.

I'm also preparing a mail to Vicky as this case can be used as a school book example of how we at Telmaco (including SGL) should have prepared an archive migration better and how support and Avid services fail to escalate in a proper way when a support engineer reproduces a problem but can't solve it and/or an Avid project manager goes on leave. Two weeks of trying to get a case escalated to L3 and/or engineering without any result.

Jeroen

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller