Latest post Mon, Feb 22 2016 2:56 PM by Pat Horridge. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 19 2016 12:49 PM

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 4 2015
    • Posts 32
    • Points 440

Copy All the Old Projects from Editshare (Shared Storage) to the New ISIS 5500

Hi Guys,

We had Editshare , its also the Shared Space for Media Projects and now we have Bought Avid ISIS and wants to start work with Avid ISIS 5500 In the Future.

but Before Doing it we need to copy All the Old Projects from Editshare Shared Space to AVid ISIS Workspace.

I know we can just mount both the Spaces and Just do simple copy but any New Thought will be good to know.

We have MAC OSX as client PC.

Thanks

SJ04

• Fri, Feb 19 2016 1:23 PM In reply to

Re: Copy All the Old Projects from Editshare (Shared Storage) to the New ISIS 5500

Between ISIS ssytems theres a neat Migration tool that will rebuild the workspace and all that.

No help to you.

Are you moving projects or Projects and media?

Projects is fairly simple depending how you arrange your ISIS.Media is a bit more complex depending how much you have.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Feb 19 2016 2:03 PM In reply to

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 440

Re: Copy All the Old Projects from Editshare (Shared Storage) to the New ISIS 5500

Hi pat,

we have to completely  shutdown the editshare server in the future so I need to move projects and also the associated media files . The old editshare workspaces around 14 TB but not in one workspace .the biggest workspace will be 3 TB .can I use rich copy or maybe rsync tthanks

• Fri, Feb 19 2016 2:28 PM In reply to

Yes I've heard of people using RSync and similar.

It should be straight forward.

I'd move a small project and media over first and then testthats all ok.

The only issue maybe how you will connect both storage spaces to the same workstation?

I'd proably use local storage as an inbetween.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

-

• Fri, Feb 19 2016 2:44 PM In reply to

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 440

Can i Not simply Mount the Both Storage to One client PC. I have MAC Pro with two Ethernet card and Both Ediotshare and Avid ISIS are in different Different VLAN'S

• Fri, Feb 19 2016 2:52 PM In reply to

You can try. Just depends if both clients behave together.

If it works then Great!

-

• Fri, Feb 19 2016 3:08 PM In reply to

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 440

Thanks Pat,

can you please also just explain what did you mean with Local Storage.

as far as i understood i first copy to Localstorage and from local storage to Avid ISIS ?

thanks

• Fri, Feb 19 2016 3:18 PM In reply to

Yes if you can't have the editshare and the ISIS client running at the same time. Run the editshare one. Copy to a large local drive or array. Then switch to the ISIS client and copy from the local storage to ISIS

-

• Sun, Feb 21 2016 7:38 AM In reply to

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 440

Hi Pat,

I have Sucessfully Copied with Both Client Conencted parellared to the MAC OSX and with The help of RSYNC.

Thanks for all the Help.

SJ04

• Sun, Feb 21 2016 3:21 PM In reply to

I believe you can have both the ISIS and EditShare client mounted on the same computer. What type of MediaSpace were you using?

Were you using this with Media Composer? If so depending in the MediaSpace type the folder structure might be incorrect.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Feb 22 2016 1:21 PM In reply to

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 440

BobRusso:

I believe you can have both the ISIS and EditShare client mounted on the same computer. What type of MediaSpace were you using?

Were you using this with Media Composer? If so depending in the MediaSpace type the folder structure might be incorrect.

Hi BobRusso,

So i have Three different kind of Workspace,

1: Avid Projects: (For All the Projects files.)

2: Avid_Shares (Where all the user settings are saved.)

3: As per Calendar week (Every Week New Workspace).

so i have Copied with Rsync with this COmmand

rsync -avxH /source /dest

and everything looks the same and also my Editors are Working today with ISIS Instead of Editsahre. so to me Folder struce also looks Fine.

thanks for your THought.

SJ04

• Mon, Feb 22 2016 1:50 PM In reply to

Thats great. Nice when things work so smoothly.

Does you ISIS have a dual System Director? Is it set for failover?

Just curious.

-

• Mon, Feb 22 2016 1:54 PM In reply to

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 440

No, its Stand alone. I have two Location to maintain and both Location have Standalone AVID ISIS 5500 and Avid ISIS 5000 System

• Mon, Feb 22 2016 2:56 PM In reply to

Ok thanks.

-

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller