Latest post Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:48 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 18 2015 9:27 AM

• jaan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 22 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Cannot import Canon EOS C300 Mark II .mxf files to Media Composer

Hi all

I'm having a trouble to import/ link with AMA / drag & drop Canon C300 Mark II .mxf file(s) to MC (8.4.4). Files are shot in 1080p resolution.

Installed this codec

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/digital_cinema/digital_cinema_camera/eos_c300_mark_ii.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:14-1313492

and still MC tells me to use appropriate AMA Plug-in. There's some 3rd party software, that offers to convert Mark II files into somehting else that AVID understands, but since the material is shot with new Mark II C-Log 2 option, I really woud like to import it straight into Media Composer.

Old C300 Mark I  files are working just great.

Has anyone bumped into same issue? Any ideas?

Thank You!

---

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz | 16 GB RAM | Nvidia Quadro 4000

• Fri, Dec 18 2015 10:28 AM In reply to

Re: Cannot import Canon EOS C300 Mark II .mxf files to Media Composer

Seems you've made this process work in the past, so much of this may be repetition - but just making sure all is clear...

"Import" and "Drag & Drop" are not what you want.

You want "Link Media" formerly known as AMA.

Make sure you do NOT link directly to the MXF files.  Instead, link to the ROOT of the entire card structure for the media.  I forget how Canon XF works - does it make a "CONTENTS" folder and put everything inside there?  If that's how it is, do NOT link to the "CONTENTS" folder - but rather, link to the folder ABOVE it (the folder that HOLDS the "CONTENTS" folder).

Clips should appear in your bin, unless it's in a format that the plugin doesn't yet support - and that might be the case here.  I'm not familiar enough with this camera or the C-Log 2 option to know.

If that's the case, a third-party solution such as the free ClipToolz might work for you.

Beware of many of the other converters out there, many of whom seem to find posts like this on forums and register to begin spamming other products who coincidentally are prominently mentioned in the article "Speaking with Spammers" which is a few years old but still VERY relevant.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 18 2015 11:03 AM In reply to

• jaan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 22 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Thank You USATREVALER!

Linking to the ROOT directory (one before the CONTENTS) did the job!

Best regards

• Mon, Jan 25 2016 6:22 PM In reply to

• Mott441
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

This approach didn't work for me. After I installed the Canon 3.0 plug-in, I noticed in the Avid "info" bin where the plug-ins are listed that the Canon plug-in is 2.0 which I installed over a year ago. 3.0 isn't listed. I found the Canon folder inside the "Programs" folder, but not in the "Programs(86)" folder..... so I copied it over, but still no luck.  I have a call into AVID tech support, but they're taking way to long to return my call.

• Tue, Jan 26 2016 6:37 PM In reply to

• DIESELE
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 28 2008
    • Cymru/Wales
    • Posts 1,086
    • Points 13,395

>>Linking to the ROOT directory (one before the CONTENTS) did the job!<<

Still gets me twice a year that!  Then add too many folders which can also crash and burn it!

Symphony 2018.2.3, Blackmagic Intensity Pro (grinds system to a stutter in full res 4k though for client monitor - which was the point...), WIN 10 on 2500Mbps M.2 SSD, Nvidia Quadro K2000, Asus X99 Mobo, 4.0 GHz Hex core mildly overclocked CPU, 32Gb 2800 Mhz RAM, WD Black 8Tb RAID10 @ 450Mbs

VIDEO MEDIA PRODUCTION COMPANY AND FACILITIES CARDIFF, LONDON, BRISTOL, WALES, CRACKING PRODUCTIONS

• Wed, Apr 20 2016 4:31 PM In reply to

• Mike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 29 2011
    • PA
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,335

Is there a reason this works in mac MC 8.5.2 / el cap/ canonxf 3.1 and not in 8.4.5/yosemite/canon 3.0?

0SX 10.12.6*Ultimate MC18.9*3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 (late 2013) 6,1*64 GB 1866 DDR3 ECC*AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB*AJA IO4K*AVID ISIS 5500 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 8 2019 3:35 PM In reply to

• Ari Zlatin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 13 2008
    • Lincoln, CA
    • Posts 41
    • Points 520

I RUN Win 10 Pro -64 system with software Avid Media Composer 2018.4 the method did not work for me.

As I try to do following:

>right-click insude the bin>Input>Link to stock footage files>,

each time I left-click on the folder , instead of linking, it keep opening to child folder and so on until the *.mxf is revealed ,. When I finally left-click on the actual *.mxf file, it replies with an error "Tere were errors to link to stock footage files.See console for detailes"

WHY!!!!!!???????

ASUS PRIME Z390 MB, 32 GB DDR5, SSD DRIVE, EVGA GTX 1080, WINDOWS 10-64 bit Professional, 2k MONITOR [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 14 2019 8:47 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 917
    • Points 11,740

DIESELE:
    >>Linking to the ROOT directory (one before the CONTENTS) did the job!<<

Do not forget to activate the "Media Volume" Button on top left of the Source Browser. It enables to view folders as Media Volumes. If enabled, Source Browser will list all clips it found under the CONTENTS folder. You can then select individual clips, a group of clips, or all clips and hit "Link".

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:48 AM In reply to

Hi,

I came accross this issue a long time ago. For some reason you need to be on 8.5.2 or 3 and up for the MKII files to work,

This is documented somewhere in the documentation from Canon but I would have to check where.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller