Latest post Sat, Oct 24 2015 4:21 AM by Telegram!. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 23 2015 11:18 AM

• Jacopo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 23 2015
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Linking clips to bin's column

Hi,

I went through this forum and tryed to google for some info out there but couldn't find any clarification on this:

I've created a personal bin's view showing a column named 'in assembly' which helps me having a clear view of what clips I've used in my assembly and which I haven't.

I currently put the tick √ manually but I was wondering if there's actually any way to have the column 'in assembly' linked to one or more sequences (eg. sequence name assembly_01 etc), so that when I use any clip in my assembly it appears ticked in the 'in assembly' column of the bin view automatically.

In short I am thinking of some sort of cells linking function like happens in Excel.

This would double benefit by speeding up the workflow and preventing any oversight from manually ticking the corrensponding clip in the column.

Hope my request was clear, and hope there is a solution for this.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Filed under: , , ,
  • Sat, Oct 24 2015 4:21 AM In reply to

Re: Linking clips to bin's column

Just a few suggestions: Open an empty Bin and put a copy of a Sequence in.

Check out "Set Bin Display" and then "Show Reference Clips". 

check out COLOR- assign one to your relatives per Sequence.

or

Open MediaTool and display your universe of online clips. Go to your sequence, highlight it, and use

Bin/"Select Media Relatives".

Check out: "Reverse Selection".

You can also drag complete MediaTool clips into a bin, add various Sequences and use

another Bin tool- "Select Unreferenced Sources" (or something like that).  

I don't think you can easily or automatically do what you described, but

who knows? good luck on it. 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller