Latest post Tue, Feb 2 2016 6:04 PM by Pascal Bourgeois. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:10 PM

• 4CPD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 21 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

AVID MC workstations crashes since using ISIS 1000

Dear Community!

We have 3+1 workstations (specs. below) a 17TB NAS, and an AVID ISIS 1000.
    Since we had the ISIS our workstations crashes randomly when working on a project on ISIS. 
    We have projects that created before ISIS on an AVID Unity (5.1.3), and media files had been created on that, then consolidated to an HDD then the ISIS, then the projects copied too.
    Media files are online, everything should work well, except the workstations which using the ISIS crashes randomly during editing, or playing the file in AVID, and very often (stimes after 15 minutes.)
    During these crashes, the Windows freezes too, and have to reset the PC.

We created new projects on ISIS and ingest files from 0, but during working on these projects too, still crashing at least not very often, just once in an hour.  

If we only trascode, group, or export files it doesn't freezes so often, but during editing it gets much worse.

Now then:
    Projects consolidated from unity to ISIS: crashes very often

Projects created on ISIS, with freshly ingested media files: crashes 

database has been rebuilt, nothing changed. 

ISIS log file shows nothing wrong. If we work on an external drive on USB 3.0 there are no crashes. 

In the workstation no.3 we just installed the supported LAN card, nothing changed. 

PC specs (all with Windows 7 64bit) .:
    1) HP workstation z400 + nitris + nVidia quadro + AVID MC 7.3 (using new project on ISIS, media ingested to ISIS, crashes sometimes)

2) unbranded PC with Blackmagic decklink studio + nVidia quadro + AVID MC 8.4 (latest) (using consolidated projects, crashes often during editing)

3) HP workstation z420 + nitris +AVID supported LAN card + nVidia quadro + AVID MC 8.4 (latest) (using consolidated projects, crashes often)

+1) HP workstation z400 + AJA + AVID MC 8.4 (latest)

Would you give any idea, what should be the problem OR the solution?

• Fri, Oct 30 2015 3:09 PM In reply to

Re: AVID MC workstations crashes since using ISIS 1000

Glad to hear someone experiencing similar problems. It driving us crazy and its stalling productions.

We have exactly the same issues. Both with projects started on ISIS as with project wherein media was consolidated from external harddrive storage. We narrowed the problem down to the ISIS because the systems suffering from it don't have similairities at all. We are running on the following specs:

PC1: HP Z400 (avid configuration), WIN8, AVID MC 8.2, INTEL PT1000 Dual Port, AJA I/O Express

PC2: HP Z420 (avid configuration), WIN8, AVID MC 7.0.4, INTEL PT1000 Dual Port Network card, AJA I/O Express

PC3: HP Z440 (avid configuration), WIN7, AVID MC 8.5, Onboard Network, AJA KONA LHi

Our network layout is thuss that both PC1 and PC2 are connected via dual link and PC3 is connected via a single ethernet cable. Our network is also equiped with another data server that functions as a network storage. No Avid Media is run from there.

Problems occur only on ISIS connected media. No problems since we shut the ISIS down. I thourougly dislike my ISIS 1000 rendered to a very expensive piece of furniture.

Please aid!

HP Z440 | Win 7 | MC 8.5 | AJA KONA Lhi HP Z420 | Win 8 | MC 7.0.4 | AJA IO Express HP Z420 | Win 8 | MC 8.2 | Matrox MXO2 mini HP Z400 | Win 8 | MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 2 2016 10:15 AM In reply to

Hello, we are experiencing exactly the same issue, Z800 Nitris DX, MC 831, MC freezes, it's even impossible to kill the process (interface disappears, but process still on).

We have to stay with finger on power button to perform a (very) hard reset...

Did you fix it ?

Thanks.

MC8.3.1 - HPZ800 - 2xX5650 CPUs - BMD Decklink Studio 4K - W7 Professional 64 (French "Edition Integrale") - 24 Gb RAM - NVIDIA Quadro 4000 ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 2 2016 6:04 PM In reply to

Hi every body !

We WERE experiencing the same issue, until we discovered late yesterday (february 2 - 2016) that Avid was releasing a brand new Isis Client (5.0.1) and, tadaaam... !

See the readme file (page 4) : http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/AvidISIS/Avid_ISIS_ReadMe_v5_0_1.pdf

The Avid ISIS v5.0.1 release includes the following improvements and fixes. Media Composer Issue This release fixes an issue found on some clients using Media Composer (various versions) with files stored on an ISIS | 1000; in certain I/O playback patterns, Media Composer could stop responding and leave a running process that could not be terminated. Affected clients had to reboot to stop the unresponsive Media Composer process.

Hope it will be helpfull !

MC8.3.1 - HPZ800 - 2xX5650 CPUs - BMD Decklink Studio 4K - W7 Professional 64 (French "Edition Integrale") - 24 Gb RAM - NVIDIA Quadro 4000 ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller