Latest post Fri, Oct 16 2015 8:44 PM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 16 2015 6:46 PM

Getting a "Wrong Format" message on AMA linking with

So I get a drive from a client. It has footage on it but I am not sure what camera they are using. There are a couple of different cameras on the drive, and the .mov files are linking fine, but the .MP4 files give me the big grey "wrong format" message --- I hear the audio, but no video, it also plays back fine in VLC. 

I have all the ama plugins installed, so I'm a bit lost. I'm waiting on the client to get back to me, not sure if they are using acodec that I don't have, or a plugin that I am just missing. If anyone recognizes the file type I'd appreciate it. I just updated quicktime, and have installed all of the ama plugins (at least I think I have, a couple were out of date for 7.02)

They are running (I believe) 6.5 and I am running 7.02

As well as the "wrong format" grey screen error on ama linking, It also won't let me import the files directly. 

the folder layout is your standard layout as follows

BPAV > (CLPR) (General) (TAKR) CUEUP.xml  MEDIAPRO.xml

CLPR > (caintains all the clip folders, of course)

SP_23001_01 > (etc. etc.)

(.mp4) (SMIL) (PPN) (XML) (BIM)

Am I missing a plugin?, am I missing a codec?, am I using ama wrong (I don't use it very often to be honest.)
    Any suggestions would be helpful.

thanx 

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Fri, Oct 16 2015 8:44 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,796
    • Points 19,830
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Getting a "Wrong Format" message on AMA linking with

Hi 8bitpictures,

Mediainfo is a good program to find out the codec. Any chance you can upload a short file for test.

Regards,

Ralph.

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller