Latest post Sun, Sep 27 2015 10:47 PM by denniscasey. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 26 2015 10:28 PM

• denniscasey
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • St. Paul, Minnesota
    • Posts 665
    • Points 8,475

Need Help: Suddenly can not export project as QT Reference

Excuse: After 4 month absence from MC started a new project on MC7.0.2.  First problem was system would give warning License No Longer Supported even though I had bought perpetual license. Avid tech service was helpful, said MC7.0.2 had a glitch where this could happen so they helped me install MC7.0.4 (after completing some projects I will finally install MC8.4).  Anyhow I always go through a re-learning phase after I have been away from MC (I am basically hobbyist).  Things were going well until I went to burn DVD on Avid DVD (and one day I will also change to better software).  As I recall "authoring" method I first exported project as QT Reference file and then imported that into Avid DVD.  This time when I tried that I got warning message YOU CAN NOT EXPORT AMA LINKED MEDIA TO QT REFERENCE.

Tried several times and kept getting same warning.  This never happened to me before.  In project I have 22 AVCHD clips (1920X1080 60i) I am used to and I AMA linked and then transcoded all of them (no problems).  I also had some JPEG still photos which I imported and also transcoded to DNxHD145 (project was 1920X1080 60i USA).  The project played fine in MC and I had used the Render In to Out option to be sure things were all rendered. 

What am I doing wrong this time around (it is first time I used MC7.0.4 since I installed it but I think it is something I am doing wrong or forgetting to do after my long absence from editing)??

MC6.5.2 SYSTEM: Asus P6X58D Premium; Intel i7-930 2.8 Ghz; PNY FX1800 GPU;500 GB RAID 1 System Drives; 1 TB RAID 0 Media Drives; 12 GB triple channel RAM;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 26 2015 10:41 PM In reply to

• denniscasey
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • St. Paul, Minnesota
    • Posts 665
    • Points 8,475

Re: Need Help: Suddenly can not export project as QT Reference

Did some troubleshooting and tried burning DVD using "One Step" in Avid DVD.  It burned all the clips fine but excluded all the opening titles and JPEG photos (have titles on top of still photos) as well as the closing title.  This has never happened to me before.  I have not changed anything I can tell from my normal process of using Marquee to make titles, all tracks where I have titles and music etc are active,  Everything rendered ok, all plays fine on timeline.  Any thoughts appreciated.  Set to burn in to out.

MC6.5.2 SYSTEM: Asus P6X58D Premium; Intel i7-930 2.8 Ghz; PNY FX1800 GPU;500 GB RAID 1 System Drives; 1 TB RAID 0 Media Drives; 12 GB triple channel RAM;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 27 2015 1:52 AM In reply to

• denniscasey
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • St. Paul, Minnesota
    • Posts 665
    • Points 8,475

Still trying to figure out what I did wrong to avoid recurrence.  However I fixed problem by recalling some earlier forum posts I think:  clicked on sequence icon in project window and selected consolidate/transcode and then selected transcode.  The transcode operation for this 10 minute sequence went very fast (less than 20 seconds) and actually created two new items in project window: "sequence name:transcode:01" or similar.  I could export that sequence as a QT Reference file and then imported that file into Avid DVD and DVD burned fine. 

Would still appreciate any thoughts on what I did wrong initially: for example, need to transcode JPEG still pictures???  (which I thought I did but maybe not)

• Sun, Sep 27 2015 9:23 AM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,136
    • Points 22,920

Hi Dennis, Welcome back. I have found it better for me to always do a mixdown of my tracks and build a new sequence with the mixdowns and export from there.... Do you still have my # you can always call..

Tom

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Sun, Sep 27 2015 10:47 PM In reply to

• denniscasey
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • St. Paul, Minnesota
    • Posts 665
    • Points 8,475

Thank you Tom.  I just logged in today and it was great to see your response.  I do still have your phone number, and hope the latest one of your many varied projects is going well.  Your suggestion is good operating procedure, but I was in a hurry and tried to shortcut things (normally acutally get away with shortcut of not mixing down).  Best regards, Dennis

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller