Latest post Mon, Sep 21 2015 12:19 PM by Arno. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 16 2015 2:25 PM

• Arno
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 16 2015
    • Berlin
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

User rights management

Hi folks,

I'm quite new to this forum because I've worked as an MC-Editor until now. Now my new employer wants me to create an Interplay workflow for our site, which includes:

an ISIS5500 with 180TB
    an ISIS5000 with 32TB

Interplay Server which runs on 3.2
    Media Indexer / Lookup Server
    Media Director for Ingest (Park, Register and Transcode workflow)
    7-8 Clients MC on 8.4

and Media Central, but this will be implemented later

Everything works fine until now.The only thing I don't really get to work is the user management. I created an user group for our Editors with read/write rights, but I'm still able to delete Assets from MC or Access with one of these Editor user rights. Is the only way to prevent assets to be deleted from cutter with only read/write permissions to reserve a folder? Or what am I doing wrong?

Avid Interplay 3.2 Media I Director / Media I Central ISIS5500 ISIS5000 7 MC Suites [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 16 2015 10:14 PM In reply to

Re: User rights management

Assuming that the users don't exist within some other group that grants them a higher (R/W/D or Administrator) level of permission to the Database, I'd guess that the problem has to do with Folder Ownership.

After logging into Access as an Administrator, Right-click onthe Interplay Folder where deletes are happening, and select Security.  Check to see who owns the folder.  Ownership trumps explicit permissions.  You can change the ownership to Administrator if it's a lower-permissioned account that owns it.

To prevent this from happening, there's an Ownership Behavior setting under Site Settings within the Interplay Administrator tool.  Set the behavior to 'Set Same Owner as Parent Folder'.

• Mon, Sep 21 2015 12:19 PM In reply to

• Arno
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 16 2015
    • Berlin
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Re: User rights management

Thanks a lot.

Actualy the user rights for Editors were set on r/w/d when I checked the right management of the folder via Access -> Security. But the Editors don't belong to any higher user group than "users" which has no access right and have r/w rights on their own.

But in the near future it will be ok for me to do the workaround and check every folder rights.

Avid Interplay 3.2 Media I Director / Media I Central ISIS5500 ISIS5000 7 MC Suites [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller