Latest post Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:13 PM by Jerry Levine. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 18 2015 1:33 PM

• Jerry Levine
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 29 2012
    • Bay Harbor islands, Florida
    • Posts 55
    • Points 680

Export Setting Options Missing in Composer 8.4!

I recently upgraded to Media Composer 8.4 and Mac OS 10.10.3 and now all of my movie export options are missing! At the bottom of the export window I used to be able to choose any of the many export settings saved and visible in my project settings window. Now I either have no choices and no "Export Setting" tab at the bottom of the "Export Project As" window (in which case the file shows a .afe extension automatically), or I am limited to three non-rendering choices: Avid Log Exchange, Avid File Exchange, or Tab Delimited. No Quicktime options, audio options or anything else. The Options button is also grayed out at the bottom of the export project window. Of note is that none of the Export settings in the project settings window can be selected with the little check mark that appears on the left indicating those options are active. Trying to click them, they activate one at a time only, yet are still not avaialable when I try to export. Maybe there's a way to activate them all and I'm missing it. Avid tech suggested switching all of the permissions on the Avid system folders and the hard drive to "read and write" which I did, but that didn't do anything either. Help! - Jerry in Miami

8.4.0 / 10.10.3 / 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro (32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3) [view my complete system specs]

- Jerry in Miami

• Tue, Aug 18 2015 3:36 PM In reply to

Re: Export Setting Options Missing in Composer 8.4!

Sounds liek you don't have a clip or sequence highlighted in the bin and then right click selected export.

The options you list show up with a bin highlighted instead of a sequence.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Aug 18 2015 4:09 PM In reply to

• Jerry Levine
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 55
    • Points 680

Thanks Pat, I've never exported by right-clicking the sequence in the bin before but thankfully that suggestion works so I'm up and exporting sequences again! I used to just touch the timeline and then go to the export option under the File menu, but now when I click the timeline the media composer application menus don;t become activated, the Mac just stays on finder. Any clues about that and getting to work both ways?

8.4.0 / 10.10.3 / 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro (32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3) [view my complete system specs]

- Jerry in Miami

• Tue, Aug 18 2015 6:46 PM In reply to

No.

Stick to using right click in the bin. Thats the most flexible way as you can export a selection of items all in one hit. ie select 4 sequences and you can export all of them to those settngs.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:13 PM In reply to

• Jerry Levine
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 55
    • Points 680

Using the right-click method now and using it to render in-out as well. Thanks again. Works well.

- Jerry in Miami

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller