Latest post Thu, Sep 24 2015 4:49 AM by robgc. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 6 2015 8:48 AM

Bad Network Locator paths in AAF for assets checked in to Interplay

Hi,

Using the follwoing configuration:

Avid ISIS client  v 4.7.0.10570

Avid Service Framework  v1.8.0.40

Media Composer v 8.2.3

Avid Interplay v3.1.0.43225

A new master clip is imported into Media Composer which has connected to Interplay as a different user to that used by the ISIS Client manager. 

The Master clip is checked into Interplay.

If the AAF for that Master is retrievied from Interplay, for example using Web Services (GetLatest), then the resulting AAF has invalid Ntetwork Locator paths, of the form //UNAVAILABLE/1234/file.mxf.

If the Interplay user and the ISIS connection user are the same, then the network locators in the AAF are correct.

Is this a bug?  It seems to have started happening for installations where Media Composer version after 8.0, although direct export of the AAF from Media Caomposer always gets the path correct, which suggests something relating to the Interplay framework?

Thanks

Steve

• Fri, Aug 7 2015 4:02 PM In reply to

Re: Bad Network Locator paths in AAF for assets checked in to Interplay

Interesting. I would like to verify this at a customer of mine.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Sep 24 2015 4:49 AM In reply to

• robgc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 22 2014
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

Re: Bad Network Locator paths in AAF for assets checked in to Interplay

I have come across this "//UNAVAILABLE/" when looking at file properties using the object inspector in Interplay Access for audio clips which were showing offline after a sequence was checked back in to Interplay from ProTools session on a Mac Pro.

The ProTools users were attempting to reload the sequence in ProTools to confirm the checkin but received errors that clips were offline in this "UNAVAILABLE" location. At the time I did not check if Media Composer (on Windows 7 64) had the same issue.

I checked manually if the mxf files were written and existed on the ISIS workspace directory and they did. When I manually selected "Update Status from Media Indexer" from within Interplay Access (on a Windows system) the "//UNAVAILABLE/6000/" file location changed to the correct location and the clip showed green online. 

At this point I went to a Media Composer system and successfully loaded the sequence.

I haven't had time to try to reproduce this to see if it always happens or just occurred this one time.

Perhaps this will help your situation?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller