Latest post Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:58 PM by Pixel Monkey. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:56 PM

• Mr Freeman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 5 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Error 1309 installing MC 8.4 on Windows 7 - Have already read/tried other forum suggestions

Hi there,

I'm trying to install MC 8.4 on a Window 7 64-bit machine, but, before I can install the main software, I have to install Avid Application Manager 2.4. When I try to do this, I get the following error:

http://imgur.com/a/o5xWg

If you can't see the link, the error message says "Error 1309. Error Reading from File: C:\Media Composer\Installers\Media Composer\Program Files 64\Avid\Editor Transcode\Avid Interplay AME\QuickTimeServer\AFCPluginHost.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

I searched the forums for help in solving this issue, and the error in theory is being caused by the filename for the entire installation pathway being too long, so the solution is meant to be to move all installation files into the root of the c:\. (Which I've already done, hence the error message looking like it does above). However, this type of error is still coming up for me.

I've looked in the folder that the error message is referring to and actually the file referred to in the message is completely missing, so it seems as if these files needed to install Application Manger have not been included in the download.

I'm going to try re-downloading and reinstalling to see if that works, but if anyone else knows the cause of this issue and how to solve it in the mean time, I'd greatly appreciate if you could share that, as I don't really know what to do if the files for installation are completely missing.

For reference, I'm using the trial version of Avid - are there known issues with the installation of the trial version that aren't there with the licensed version, if so I'll just download and buy that one?

Also, if this has been posted in the wrong section then please let me know, and I'll post it elsewhere - it's my first time posting here.

Thank you.

Mr. F.

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:05 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,235
    • Points 15,590
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Error 1309 installing MC 8.4 on Windows 7 - Have already read/tried other forum suggestions

First guess - permissions. Guessing the user you are signed-in with is not the master administrator for that computer. Otherwise it wouldn't ask you to verify if you can access something on the C: drive.

Note - the trial version of anything is not the issue.

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

• Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:40 PM In reply to

• Mr Freeman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 5 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Re: Error 1309 installing MC 8.4 on Windows 7 - Have already read/tried other forum suggestions

Hi Pixel Monkey,

Thanks for replying - I actually managed to sort out the issue - it seemed to resolve itself once I had installed QuickTime and then the manager had no trouble installing.

Would you be able to help on a couple of other questions I have?

1) I am using the trial edition which should give me access to studio backlot for 21 days except that I can't find my activation I'd - do you know where I can find this?

2) I'm working with raw footage but also mp4 files, yet I cannot natively import these - is it a case of needing to find the right codec first or plugin? Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you for your help.

• Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:58 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,235
    • Points 15,590
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

From the trial's main page (Link), it says:

"be sure to add no-reply-mkto@avid.com to your safe sender's list". Did you get that email? It should all be included.

As for the mp4 files...

Are you finishing with them? Or are they just for referrence, like a proxy? How they'll be used through the process will affect how to handle them at the start.

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller