Latest post Mon, Jul 20 2015 3:23 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 19 2015 11:53 PM

• James
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 19 2015
    • Sydney
    • Posts 12
    • Points 180

Avid MC8.3 Conform advice

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice in terms of the online process. The production has involved shooting with Sony FS7 and A7S. Raw camera files were AMA linked to an external media storage drive. These were then transcoded to DNXHD36.
    The post supervisor has copied the entire raw media library with identical folder structure to a different external drive (32Tb Promise RAID).
    Is there a way to relink the original AMA linked files to the copied version on the Promise?

Thanks

MAC OS X 10.11.4 Mac Pro (Late 2013) 2.7GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC Macintosh SSD AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 20 2015 3:23 PM In reply to

Re: Avid MC8.3 Conform advice

First, you need to make sure that your original AMA clips link to the media in its new location.  For single files, you should be able to to relink files in bunches.  For volume type files (like Sony) you need to open a new bin and re-AMA those clips.  You should see both your new clips and original AMA clips come online.

Once all clips are online, you can highlight all of your AMA clips, select your sequence, and select Relink.  Then select "All Items in Open Bins" and to be safe, select the "Duplicate your sequence" check box.  Now you will have a new sequence linked to your AMA clips.  You can re-transcode your sequence to a higher quality format.

HTH

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller