Latest post Tue, Jun 30 2015 11:06 AM by John. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 30 2015 3:01 AM

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 23 2010
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 63
    • Points 790

Let me import 4K media without changing project format

Please put a checkbox to preserve the resolution of the source material and give the appropriate codecs for import.  Dont make me change the format of the project to import 4K media to use in HD project utilizing frameflex!

Imacpro 10C, 64Gig, R64 - Decklink Monior [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 30 2015 4:52 AM In reply to

Re: Let me import 4K media without changing project format

Now possible in 8.4 - transcode to source resolution, in ANY project.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 30 2015 5:02 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 63
    • Points 790

No it isnt.  I want to use the DNXHR Hq Codec and utillize frameflex.  If I keep the project set at 1080p, then the codec choices are dnx, no ndxHR.

• Tue, Jun 30 2015 10:10 AM In reply to

Yes, it is - it's a feature I've personally used numerous times already.

Are you using "Link Media," or the legacy "import" way of bringing media in?  I admit I haven't used the "import" function for video for quite some time now.  Assuming you're not using MC 5.5.2 as your system specs indicate, but rather 8.4 now, correct?

The proper procedure here would be:

HD project, LINK your raw media.  Now, you're using your original 4K media.  Use FrameFlex as needed.

If you choose to transcode to its source resolution at DNxHR, you simply transcode your raw media in your bin - and in the transcode dialog, choose the option in the drop-down menu to transcode at "Source" dimensions.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 30 2015 11:06 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 63
    • Points 790

Im importing clips from aFterffects that I created from the porcess you mentioned above, I specifically stated "Import", not  "Link".  I "Linked" the greenscreen footage and the plates, Transcoded to DNXHR, did rough cut, relinked to original RED files, sent to Aftereffects and did composite.  Brought the footage back in sections to avid in 4K so I could use frameflex for client edit approval.   If I forget to chanhe projext to 4K, the AVID converts to 1080p, not full 4K.  Aslo, do you have the same problem where frameflex sometimes show in timeline, the keyframes are there in effect editor, but results dont show in timeline?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller