Latest post Tue, Mar 12 2019 10:04 AM by Julian. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 21 2015 11:13 PM

Default Dissolves in Media Composer

I would like to be able to choose which type of dissolve to use as a default setting.

I have always used the 'Film Dissolve' since 1995, but MC always defaults to 'Dissolve', and I have to use the drop down box to select 'Film Dissolve' EVERY TIME.

Please put in a check box to choose which dissolve to use as a default setting.

Thanks for reading.

Dene Eastman

Australia

Windows 7 pro MC Soft 8.2.3 HP Z400 8GB Ram mojo DX NVidia Quadro FX 3800 Editshare 5.1.14 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 22 2015 6:38 AM In reply to

Re: Default Dissolves in Media Composer

+1

BTW at some point it used to remember which transition type you used last. Which would also help.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 22 2015 9:07 AM In reply to

• Dan_B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 26 2013
    • Posts 156
    • Points 1,695

Makes perfect sense and iu can't imagine it would be that hard to implement.

We have the ability to create a 'quick transitions' bin which allows you to choose a saved custom transition in the dialogue box for the effect.

I wonder if you put your film dissole in there with a typical 'go to' duration for the fades it could default to that after you've selected it once in a timeline...

Haven't tried it myself just an idea.

Would be great if we could set a default though, even if it meant utilising the 'quick transition' bin and manually kicking it in.

I did think that Avid always loaded whatever quick transition you last used though, have you tried a new user setting and see if that remembers the last one used?

• Mon, Mar 7 2016 2:37 PM In reply to

• bjorn.sand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 7 2016
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Bump and + 1! Please, it should be so easy to fix! 

And, while you're at it, can you make it possible to choose white instead of black (or any other color) as default in fade to/from color? 

Björn Sand

Sweden

• Mon, Mar 7 2016 6:16 PM In reply to

Job ter Burg:
    BTW at some point it used to remember which transition type you used last. Which would also help.

Plus one

• Sat, Apr 16 2016 6:59 PM In reply to

• Kingsride
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 10 2013
    • Posts 68
    • Points 800

+1

I often edit the profile curve of a dissolve using Effect Mode. The problem is... once I've done that, changing its duration either on the timeline or using the dissolve menu reverts it back to linear! I go round in tiny circles.....

Perry

Macbook Pro Retina | 750GB | 10.10.5 | MC 8.4.2 | Symphony Option [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 12 2019 10:04 AM In reply to

• Julian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 14 2018
    • South Africa
    • Posts 28
    • Points 290

+1

this needs to be added to the list.

I don't use the other transition types as it takes too long to select every time and when I do it is quite easy to miss one or two and have different crossfade types by accident as it always reverts back to "Dissolve" instead of the crossfade type I currently am using for the edit.

Avid MC 2018; AMD Treadripper 1950x; Asus Zenith Extreem; msi gtx970; 32gig Gskill trident 3200mhz; EVO 960 250 sys drive; ibm 5014 raid0 with 3x3tb WD... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller