Latest post Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:27 PM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 2 2015 11:58 AM

• Dan_B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 26 2013
    • Posts 152
    • Points 1,655

Updated/New Avid Title Tool for SD, HD, 2K, 4K and beyond

Hi,

I'd love to see and use a native Avid titler for anything above HD - & lets be honest the chance to update the exisiting Title Tool for SD/HD would also be welcome. I'm sure you've had a ton of suggestions over the years of how this could be improved.

The New Blue Titler is great but can be overkill for simple titles. We ran some tests and contacted New Blue why the render times are so long -it seems it always renders in 3D space but for basic 2D titles its extremely frustrating.

There should always be a real-time titling option available regardless of resolution i feel  -which is why updating/replacing the exisitng title tool seems like a good option.

Thanks,

Dan

VET, 2-4 Hoxton Square, London.

• Mon, Mar 2 2015 12:46 PM In reply to

Re: Updated/New Avid Title Tool for SD, HD, 2K, 4K and beyond

Agreed.  Many frustrations with the exisitng Title Tool (not all that easy to batch-replace any changes through all appearances in a sequence, for example), and to fully rely on a third-party product for some fairly routine/critical tasks is somewhat disconcerting.  We all know what can happen to bundled third-party products (Boris, ScriptSync, PhraseFind, etc.), so I'm leery to use any at all.  A good native titler, with intuitive replacement features and real-time performance, would be a nice add.  Adobe has done pretty well in this.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:27 PM In reply to

Re: Updated/New Avid Title Tool for SD, HD, 2K, 4K and beyond

usatraveler:
     We all know what can happen to bundled third-party products
    Red 5.5 (Was Avid FX) is not bundled. The original titling part of it (Graffiti) has been around for almost as long as MC. You can save its effects to bins (animated lower thirds for example) for multiple usage. IMO much faster than the ancient 32 bit Title tool (just open FX from timeline, type in new (name) and update.)

For Video titling on steroids you may like this tutorial 1 If you like the basic possibilities shown, then these 3 tutorials  2  3 4 show how you can make the more advanced features work for you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller