Latest post Thu, Feb 12 2015 10:06 PM by jfiinnigan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 12 2015 8:20 PM

AMA Linking UHD and Frame Flex Question

I have a lot of UHD 30p (29.97) from a Panasonic GH4. The deliverable will be a 1080p project so I just made an Avid 1080/27.97 Project.

I linked to the AMA Mov/H.264 files to do a rough edit and apply Frame Flex on the cuts in the sequence as it's not the same for the whole duration of each clip. I was going to transcode to DNxHD 145 But, I found even when transcoding the timeline it just takes the source settings. so the UHD is scaled down to 1080p for the DNxHD then my FrameFlex is applied on top of that, making the image not sure 1080p and not being as sharp. What is the proper workflow for transcoding the timeline and having it apply the FramFlex when transcoding since I can't do it for the whole length of the source media? The frame flex doesn't need to be changed later. 

Filed under: , , ,
  • Thu, Feb 12 2015 9:53 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Linking UHD and Frame Flex Question

When you transcode select the compatability check box for frameflex. This bakes the frame flex in and will make 1080 media sclaed as set by the frameflex.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Feb 12 2015 10:06 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Linking UHD and Frame Flex Question

Pat Horridge:

When you transcode select the compatability check box for frameflex. This bakes the frame flex in and will make 1080 media sclaed as set by the frameflex.

That would be great if if frameflex was on the source media. But, I'm using it in the sequence so that check box has no affect. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller