Latest post Tue, Sep 4 2018 9:12 PM by Boky. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 5 2015 8:28 PM

• rupertvdb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 5 2015
    • Posts 18
    • Points 230

Setting clip names for Autosync

Hi all,

I'm on set doing some syncing and I am looking at the soundie's track names, which are amazing, have scene numbers, slate and take information, all clear and concise, and I'm dying inside because I know once I autosync this with the footage from the pair of Sony F5s we are using this name will be replaced with the generic A001etc of the video clips. 

Is there any way to specifiy that you want to use the Audio track names for the title of the autosynced subclips rather than the video tracks?

• Thu, Feb 5 2015 11:06 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,336
    • Points 16,425

Re: Setting clip names for Autosync

When you select your clips in the bin to auto sync, avid will use the name of whichever clip is on top.  Arrange your clips so the audio is higher in the bin than the video.

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 7:43 AM In reply to

1. Create a custom called “Name2” or whatever you choose.
    2. With bin containing only the BWF clips, highlight the “Name” column and duplicate (cmd-D or ctrl-D) it to the previously made custom column (“Name2”)
    3. AutoSync the clips as per usual
    4. Move .sync clips to their own bin. 
    5. Highlight “Name2” column and highlight as described in Step 1 and duplicate it back into the Name column. 
    6. All .sync clips now have the name from the BWF parsing
    Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 6 2015 5:15 PM In reply to

• rupertvdb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 5 2015
    • Posts 18
    • Points 230

Thanks, that's a logical way around the issue but a bit long winded. I was hoping there was a quick way, i'll try the approach mentioned above but if that fails at least this way works. Thanks! 

• Tue, Sep 4 2018 9:12 PM In reply to

• Boky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 21 2006
    • Posts 29
    • Points 385

This is what I was looking for. It will save me a lot of time! Thank you!!!

SYS1: MC 8.3.1, Supermicro X7DWA, 2X Intel Xeon X5460(quadcore) @3.16GHz, Nvida Quadra 2200, 16GB ram SYS2: MC 8.4.0, Asus P5K-E, Q9550 @3.5GHz, Geforce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller