Latest post Sun, Jan 4 2015 4:33 PM by S.Clements. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 4 2015 2:28 PM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 798
    • Points 10,610

Track Colour "Default" button does not return track to default colour - longstanding bug?

Has anyone noticed this?  If you go to your timeline fast menu and change the track colour, you can't change it back to the default (eg. light blue for audio tracks) by pressing the "default" button there.  Instead you get some useless grey track colour.  The only way to then revert back to default is to go into interface settings and check the boxes for default track colour settings.  Of course this is a small thing, but it's been like this for a long time and hasn't been fixed.

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Sun, Jan 4 2015 4:07 PM In reply to

Re: Track Colour "Default" button does not return track to default colour - longstanding bug?

To be honest, I have no idea why there's a checkbox for default colors, or why those colors should be different from what appear to be the newer default colors.  When I started with MC in 1997, the default colors were tan for video tracks and grey for audio tracks.  I like them that way, so I keep the check boxes unchecked.

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Jan 4 2015 4:17 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,328
    • Points 16,300

Re: Track Colour "Default" button does not return track to default colour - longstanding bug?

I always thought this was a clever trick by Avid to get new users to actually explore the settings options.

• Sun, Jan 4 2015 4:33 PM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 798
    • Points 10,610

smrpix:

I always thought this was a clever trick by Avid to get new users to actually explore the settings options.

:-)

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller