Latest post Mon, Dec 22 2014 2:58 AM by MikeJNFLF. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 19 2014 4:29 PM

• MikeJNFLF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 19 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Searching root level of projects within Interplay Access

When using the simple/extended search function in interplay access, which search parameters do you use to search the root level of projects to ensure users are saving their clips/media in subfolders and not at the root level? 

• Sun, Dec 21 2014 9:28 PM In reply to

Re: Searching root level of projects within Interplay Access

MikeJNFLF:
    the root level of projects

I think I understand what your asking but I'm not sure a search parameter is the answer.

First of all if you check your projects folder you expect only folders in there and no assets. If you find assets in there I would check those and their relatives/associations and the creator.

But you can block users from checking in assets in the projects folder by setting that in the security settings of the projects folder (if those aren't set like this by default of which I'm not sure). 

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Mon, Dec 22 2014 2:58 AM In reply to

• MikeJNFLF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 19 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Searching root level of projects within Interplay Access

Thanks for getting back to me. 

You're right. There are permissions in place that prevent users from putting assets at the root level of the project. 

I think I got so used to checking those daily, that I forgot it wasn't a possibility in the first place.

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller