Latest post Fri, Oct 3 2014 3:52 PM by Chepal. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 1 2014 1:56 AM

Mising "lastclip.txt" file in P2 media...help

Here's the situation:

There are three "rolls" and I only have copies of the original P2 cards. 

My assistant (a year ago) copied the media on two backup drives and
    then transcoded the media to Avid DNxHD files etc...and all seemed well.
    I've only been working with the first two rolls up to now, but as I recently
    moved to the third roll, it was just a short 4 minute silent clip
    (interview without sound) so I went to the source files.

So the third roll has a few issues.  There's a single 3.6gb Video clip, which is pretty big...
    and the "icon" folder  images show both interview AND broll images. but i'm ONLY getting interview (with no sound).

for 3.6gb, I would imagine there's more than 4 minutes...and the image that she imported only is a short clip of a silent interview. First, all the backup copies of this "roll 3" are missing its "lastclip" text file and the "contents" folder is missing it's "voice" folder. I know there are workarounds for that, but here's the issue...she used a 3rd party software (probably "handbrake") to convert the XDCAM/P2 mxf video file to quicktime...but why is it silent, why is it only 4 minutes, and why is it only a piece of the interview and nothing longer, including broll? is there another way to extract the full info in that 3.6gb mxf file in the third roll?

i've tried making a "lastclip.txt" file...but it doesn't work. Is there a 3rd party program that converts this darn file to something else i can use?
    Avid MC 5.53.............. Partition A - MAC OS X 10.7.2 - Lion Partition B - MAC OS X 10.6.8 - Snow Leopard................ CPU - Intel i7 2600k... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 3 2014 3:52 PM In reply to

• Chepal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • germany
    • Posts 537
    • Points 6,285

Re: Mising "lastclip.txt" file in P2 media...help

hi burbankeditor,

you've 2 choices:

1.  get a P2 repair program like P2 Log Pro.

2.  find any Lastclip.txt file and modify it to contain the name of the last clip on the top line - leave the other 2 lines alone.

hope that helps

che

mac_mc_8, fibre, sata, scsi [view my complete system specs]

peace from germany

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller