Latest post Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:55 AM by AndrewAction. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 25 2014 1:53 AM

AVCHD AMA relinking

I'm starting a big documentary project that is shot AVCHD and some DSLR. Since neither of these formats provide timecode or reel names or even uniqe clip names I'm not exactly sure what my workflow should be to avoid relink and conform problems down the road.

I'd like to AMA my cards in, then transcode to DNxHD 36. I just don't know if I need to do anything special to make sure I can then re-import my final cut at DNxHD 115 or similar.

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:55 AM In reply to

Re: AVCHD AMA relinking

I would copy the cards to a Hard drive\Project name folder keeping the card folder structure.
    I would use QT Change to add timecode etc to the DSLRs footage.
    Open footage in a new Resolve (lite? = free) project.   
    Render the clips as DNxHD 36 in a folder with just a number for its name in your Media Drives\Avid MediaFiles\MXF folder. (check out Resolve dailies workflow tutorials for best settings for your Render options)
    This is faster than AMA + transcode in my  experience. Also more bullet proof in re linking (in my experience)

Once your offline complete you can Round trip to Resolve without media and Resolve will link your AAF timeline back to you camera originals.  Grade (?)  and render out as your delivery DNxHD format

Check out Scott Freemans advice for a bullet proof Avid Resolve round trip advice found here 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller