Latest post Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:21 PM by Robert85. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 18 2014 8:29 PM

• Robert85
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 18 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 40

Speed Changes In Avid!!

I've made speed changes to shots in a time line I have, but when I go to make a muligroup from that time line, the speed changes don't carry over.  How do I make a speed change to a clip in a timeline that ripples back to the Project window and the root shot so that I can make a multi group with it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!  Thanks.

• Mon, Aug 18 2014 9:05 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,361
    • Points 16,770

Re: Speed Changes In Avid!!

You can't.  If you want to change the speed, mixdown the modified clip, then use the mixdown as one of your multicam sources.

• Tue, Aug 19 2014 1:00 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,623
    • Points 60,385

On the feature request list in one form or another for quite some time. Frankly, I'd love to be able to use a sequence in a multi-group.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:21 AM In reply to

• Robert85
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 40

Thanks Smrpix! I tried the mixdown method and it worked perfectly.  It reminds me of exporting a clip in FCP to burn in an effect and then bringing it back in.

I would love to see quicker method in Avid though - something that maybe duplicates the shot into the project window and keeps the effect on it.  A couple of quick key strokes to accomplish that would be awesome.

• Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:22 AM In reply to

• Robert85
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 40

Totally agree.  For now, the video mixdown method works pretty well.

• Tue, Aug 19 2014 8:20 AM In reply to

I think Avid could make a lot of people happy if they made one tiny addition: Allow users to tag sequences as 'source' sequences, so that when double clicked they automatically loaded in the source side as if they were a clip. This would not only help with editing but also allow for source side effects to be easily applied.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 19 2014 1:56 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,361
    • Points 16,770

The ability to create multicam sequences from modifiable sources and sync maps with gaps is the #1 feature I'm really waiting for.  The need keeps increasing as more decent, cheap cameras get thrown at everything.

But Avid engineers are smart, and if this were easy I'm sure it would have been done a long time ago.  So here's hoping.

• Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:21 PM In reply to

• Robert85
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 40

Thanks guys for all the feedback!  I really appreciate it!

While we're on the subject of multicam clilps - I have a question about the audio that's showing up when I make a multicam clip.

The production team shot with the Sony F5500 which has it's own audio tracks that carry over when I make my day sync.  These audio tracks have no sound so I remove them and then bring in the external audio that was recorded during production.  When I go through the grouping process to make my multicam clip this is the audio that I use.

But for some reason, when the multicam clip is finished, the audio that shows up in the source window and in the timeline when I bring a clip down is the original, blank camera audio.  I then have to then right click on each track to choose the correct, external audio that I want to use.

There's got to be an easier way around this.  Is there a setting somewhere in Avid that I'm missing?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller