Latest post Sat, Aug 16 2014 10:00 PM by Janeails22x. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 16 2014 9:14 PM

Avid Installation Error in Windows 8.1

Hello,

I have been an AVID user for a few years now. I purchased the pack from Best Buy, and I really like it. In fact I need it as I do a lot of work for church. I was using it on my previous laptop that was running Windows 7. Unfortunately, my previous laptop just crapped out (motherboard over heated... long story).

Anyway, I purchased a new computer that was preloaded with Windows 8.1. I was fully expecting to install my AVID Studio package into this PC and get editing. Unfortunately, I get through everything, and there is an error message.

"The Operating System has been upgraded after Studio was installed. Some or all of the features may not operate correctly. We recommend that you reinstall the software."

Now, I have done quite a bit of research, and I keep coming up with Pinnacle 16 results. The error is the same, and I have tried doing the compatibility checks and tools like those forums suggest, but no luck. There is even a patch for that version (PS16 Patch for Windows 8.1). I cannot for the life of me find a patch or fix for my version of AVID. It's only a couple years old and I really would prefer not to replace it.

ANY Help in getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

David

• Sat, Aug 16 2014 9:24 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Installation Error in Windows 8.1

Avid Studio was sold to Corel(from memory)  You may be better to check out these forums

Or as you should own Windows 7 from your previous laptop I would consider changing your new laptop back to W7 SP 1

• Sat, Aug 16 2014 10:00 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Installation Error in Windows 8.1

Thank you for your quick response.

The complication with the Windows 7 option is that the previous laptop came preloaded with it. I don't have anything to load 7 onto the new PC.

I will try the Corel forums, and will report back here.

If anyone else has some experience here, I am still open to suggestions.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller