Latest post Mon, Aug 4 2014 5:44 PM by smrpix. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 4 2014 3:16 PM

AVID loses footage links *Media ongoing Offline*

Hi everyone,

I have a problem using AVID Media Composer 8:

My project is finally cut. I linked all media with AMA but AVID loses these AMA links suddenly while I'm working on the project. So I relinked all AMA files several times but the links break again and again. 

Now I transcoded each AMA file to MXF (DNxHD 185) and then relinked it with "Clip -> Relink" to the new MXF files in AVID Media Files but the media goes offline further on. Was this method of exchanging AMA with MXF-files right?

I don't know how to restore my project. I already deleted all database-files in AVID Media Files directory. No change. There were no changes on my HDD, where footage and project files exist. 

Could it also be a solution to create a new project, import only all MXF files and use an EDL?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards, Niko

Filed under: , , ,
  • Mon, Aug 4 2014 5:27 PM In reply to

Re: AVID loses footage links *Media ongoing Offline*

When you transcoded to DNX185 you should have got a bunch of .new master clips.

A copy of your working sequence shoudl easly have been relinked to the DNX185 media. From that point on you shouldn't be using AMA media at all.

The clip re-link should ahve been done on the sequence and not the AMA masterclips (depsite this being a widely and unhelpfully described workflow on the web)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Mon, Aug 4 2014 5:44 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,354
    • Points 16,655

Re: AVID loses footage links *Media ongoing Offline*

It might be worth checking if the system or external drives aren't on some energy savings settings that might be putting them to sleep after a time.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller