Latest post Thu, Jul 31 2014 6:45 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 31 2014 1:27 AM

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

My experience with Avid? It was PLAGUED WITH BUGS YEARS AGO AND IT'S STILL PLAGUED WITH BUGS.

My experience with Avid? It was PLAGUED WITH BUGS YEARS AGO AND IT'S STILL PLAGUED WITH BUGS.

Today is Day 2 trying out Avid Media Composer 8. I open the software and I get this error:  Alert "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address      0x0

What does that even mean? I haven't used Avid in years mind you, but when I used it a few years ago, i remember getting the same error. Ok so this error appeared when I opened avid tonight. i forced quit, came back in a second time, the error was still there. I forced quit again, came into the software a third time and the error wasn't there this tiem so I have no idea what i did to make the error go away, or what caused it. ridiculous. 

Then I clicked on a DSLR clip to play it and a pop up/error window showed up that said: Exception: ADM_COREAUDIO_UNDERRUN, Detected:377.   (What does that mean? I had a thread error opening the software and now another random error for just trying to play my clips and it doesnt stop there). 

Then I try to import footage from the Sony PMW-EX3 via AMA, and there is text over my clip now that says "wrong format"
    in big white letters. So I choose "import" as DNX and it says the file format is not supported for import? Are you kidding me? That seems really archaic!! adobe premiere lets me put any type of footage into it's software, without issue, and without transcode too. Blows my mind that Avid can't handle this. ridiculous!!!!!!!! So I started reading the forums and didn't find any immediate (and reasonable) solutions.  I installed the sony AMA plugin and it didnt work. It didnt fix my problem. I even quit and came back in and that plugin doesn't seem to let me play those mp4 clips. 

I'm on a brand new iMac 10.9.4. ANYONE HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS????

• Thu, Jul 31 2014 6:45 AM In reply to

Re: My experience with Avid? It was PLAGUED WITH BUGS YEARS AGO AND IT'S STILL PLAGUED WITH BUGS.

Its a real shame the macs seem to continue to suffer with these types of errors. That said we run a mixture of Mac and PC systems we we generealy make sure we are an OS update or 2 back as the fast changing Mac OS seems to continually undermine the stability of MC.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller