Latest post Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:30 PM by Wes Torain. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 6 2014 5:56 AM

Problems exporting sequence from Avid Media Composer 7 via AMA link

I am having problems exporting a sequence through the Avid Media Composer 7 software I purchased.  My original problem had to do with importing 8GB on a memory card that took up almost a terabyte on an attached passport.  So a fellow student suggested using Volume H (H drive - memory card), attached flashdrive, and attached passport to link files through AMA link to edit.  My 17 minute doc is now finished and want to export it so it can be viewed pn my C drive and uploaded to YouTube for viewing and grading.  I tried my settings at MPEG 4 and I also exported the sequence as a DNxHD file.  I get the following messages when I try to export the sequence:

Exception: MDB: mdb file is missing An error occurred cleaning C:\Users\Public\Avid Media Composer\AMA Management\AMA MetadataFolders\STREAMd29c9299v You may want to delete the database on this drive

An error was encountered while performing Send To export using Export Setting 1 ('Send To QT Movie'):

A serious error has occurred!  It is recommended that you restart the application immediately.

Exception: a serious error has occurred.  It is recommended that you restart the application

Can anybody help with suggestions on how I can save and export my sequence?

• Sat, Jun 7 2014 1:48 AM In reply to

Re: Problems exporting sequence from Avid Media Composer 7 via AMA link

I've answered your duplicated post here

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/128071.aspx

MC 7.0 Symphony 7.0 Win 7 64bit 1 x XW 8600 quad 16gig ram 480gig SSD FX 5400 4 1tb 32 mb cache drives Pro tools 10 Avid fx Avid 3d Matrox... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:30 PM In reply to

• Wes Torain
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 22 2010
    • Huntsville-Decatur Alabama USA
    • Posts 61
    • Points 830

Re: Problems exporting sequence from Avid Media Composer 7 via AMA link

I'm sure you got it figured out by now but:

1.  Make sure all effects are rendered

2.  Make sure there is no drop in timecode (unintended black space)

3.  Export as a QT Reference.

4.  If you have Sorenson Squeeze, export to the desired file format.

5.  If you dont' have Squeeze then export as a QT Movie

Dell Precision T7610-64bit Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon Processors Windows 7-Media Composer 8.3.1 QuickTime 7.7.9 32GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 Boot Hard... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller