Latest post Sun, May 11 2014 3:51 AM by Dom Q. Silverio. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 11 2014 3:12 AM

• owenob1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 11 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Access to Interplay on seperate network?

Hi all,

I work in Television News in a remote bureau, where our primary server is off site...

Our current news editing setup is like this:

4 AVID Media Composer Suites attaches to an AVID Unity Media Manager, all working perfectly.

We have a group of 8 Desktop computers which journalists use full time to timescode grabs and content. Currently, whenever news content comes in, we are using the Sony XDCAM Proxy Browser for the journalists network then ingesting into our AVID Unity network seperately. Very inefficient!

What I am trying to achieve is getting the Desktops access to the AVID Unity Interplay on all the machines. What is the best solution to do this? Does Unity Interplay have a remote function or application which they can gain access through?

The journo's are not needing any type of editing capability, nor hires (proxies would be fine)... just a way to timecode the content on the interplay which they would then pass back to our AVID editors to pull together.

HELP?? Would it be with the AVID Interplay Assist?

\Owen

• Sun, May 11 2014 3:51 AM In reply to

Re: Access to Interplay on seperate network?

MediaCentral (formerly Interplay Central).

It is a software option you add to Interplay. You will need to provide an HP server with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

It will allow you to access the Interplay database, log, basic editing and view all media via RT proxy. All of these via web browser.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller