Latest post Wed, Nov 23 2016 8:07 PM by Roger Shufflebottom. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:04 PM

• TrainerDave
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 5 2008
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,310
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Title Tool error: Could not lock Title Tool image semaphore

Greetings from the Great Land Down Under

Well I've never seen this one before!  Trying to edit an exisiting Marquee title in the timeline and this error pops up.  The error is consistent when attempting to edit the title whether using the Effect Editor or right-clicking "Edit Title..." a title in the timeline.  I can, however, gain access to Marquee via the Clip menu and create a new title as normal.

Can't find any mention of this error anywhere, much less a solution..

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling (once my machine is free) and let you know.  But if anyone has seen this before and found a fix, I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers,

Dave Forsyth

Home: Dell T3500 Win 7 Pro, MC7 with Symphony option Work: HP z820 workstation, 16Gb RAM Media Composer v7 with Symphony option) [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:14 PM In reply to

Re: Title Tool error: Could not lock Title Tool image semaphore

On all, or which of the 4 systems mentioned in your profile?

• Wed, Nov 23 2016 8:07 PM In reply to

Re: Title Tool error: Could not lock Title Tool image semaphore

I'm now getting the 'Could not lock Title Tool image semaphore' error on two of our university iMacs (OS 10.11.6, MC 8.6.1). This meant that we could not launch either the regular title Tool or Marquee (so I have been teaching the students Photoshop!). I have had my admin rights removed but I got IT support to delete the MCState file on both iMacs. This brought back the 'Which Title Tool do you want' window but only the old TT works. Marquee will not launch. On one of my own machines I'd just reinstall the application but I can't do this to the university systems.

So - can someone from Avid please tell us whether normal serice can be resumed without deleting MCState or reinstalling? Marianna? XX

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller