Latest post Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:44 PM by Tracy Granger ACE. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 7 2014 12:35 PM

• testrachan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 28 2011
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Error: sfplayconsumer execute timeout

Hi there, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I've been searching for a couple of hours now and found no solution that helped.

I'm working on MC5 on a HZ400 with 6GB ram, 64 bit Windows 7 connected to a Nitris DX. I'm ingesting Alexa footage by link to AMA then transcode to DNX36 then moving to my editors machine, which is the same spec.

These files play back no problem on my system, but now and again when she scrubs through the footage in the record montior the error  - sfplayconsumer execute timeout - appears on a black screen and certain parts of the clip just will not display.

I've tried restarting, turning off fast scrub, deleting the databases, transferring the footage that works fine on my system to hers again, changed the project format and none of that helped.

Does anyone have any idea what to try next?

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:44 PM In reply to

Re: Error: sfplayconsumer execute timeout

I found a solution for my error but Im using a Matrox Box.

Remove the file "OpenIO_VirtIO.acf" 
    Go to Applications \ Avid Media Composer \ and then right click on the app AvidMediaComposer and select "Show Package Contents." 
    Then go into SharedSupport \ AVX2_Plug-ins \ and remove the file OpenIO_VirtIO.acf 

AVID started putting this file in  7.0.4.2  and it's bundled inside Media Composer from then on. V8 too.

7 pages of forum hell is listed here.. but at least at the end I stopped getting this soul destroying error.

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/132249.aspx?PageIndex=1

Why they havent fixed this is beyond me!

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/Hangs-entering-trim-mode-with-3rd-party-Open-IO-hardware

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller