Latest post Thu, Feb 13 2014 1:20 AM by AndrewAction. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 12 2014 9:17 PM

ICONS FOR KEYBOARD DESIGN

Hello,

I'm really not sure where to post or ask about this.... but I thought poeople here might be able to point me in the right direction. 

I want to create my own sticker set for my keyboad that has my personal mapped settings. (I don't use the standard setting so I can't just buy one). I've been looking for the Avid media composer icons in vector format everywhere and can't find them.

Can some one help me find sothing I can use to do this?

Thanks,

Marian

• Wed, Feb 12 2014 9:32 PM In reply to

Re: ICONS FOR KEYBOARD DESIGN

If you drag-and-drop the Media Composer application onto Preview, it should open a Preview window that shows you quite a few icons, though they are unlikely to be vector-based.

8-core Nehalem Mac Pro with Pro Tools|HDX v10.3.8 and DeckLink HD Extreme 8-core Nehalem Mac Pro with Symphony Nitris DX v7.0.3 12-core Westmere Mac... [view my complete system specs]

Jonathan S. Abrams, CEA, CEV, CBNT

Apple Certified - Technical Coordinator (v10.5), Support Professional (v10.6 through v10.8)

Chairman, NY section, Audio Engineering Society

• Wed, Feb 12 2014 10:37 PM In reply to

Yeah, that worked but the icons are very small and since they are not vecotr they get really blurry...

Thanks for the tip!

• Wed, Feb 12 2014 10:42 PM In reply to

• gorky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2005
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,725

http://lazybrowndog.net/avid-keyboard/

Try this!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 13 2014 12:42 AM In reply to

Thanks this is a good start but lots of the mappable items are missing... I wish avid had them somewhere to download...

Thanks for the help

• Thu, Feb 13 2014 1:20 AM In reply to

Another work intensive option

With Avid running open the Command Palette and click through the tabs taking a screenshot of each tab. Open in the screen shots in Photoshop. Select each desired icon and copy it. This will make a new layer with just that icon on it. Turn off the visibility on all layer except the one with a desired icon and export it as an image. Repeat for all icons

For Vectors if you have Illustrator open it and Auto Trace these images.

In the way distant past I thought there was a pdf with the Avid icons. If you can find that then opening it in Photoshop or Illustrator should get you something usefull to start from. A quick search on my system does not find that pdf.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller