Latest post Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:06 AM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 27 2014 9:41 AM

• dowbyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 4 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Text "Wave" Effect

I'm fairly new to AVID, and I'm currently working on a video that has a lot of ocean shots in it. 

I would like to figure out how I can make the Title Text move onto the screen as though it's floating in on a close up shot of some waves on the beach that I have. 

I'm assuming that I'll have to warp the lettering somehow, but I'm not sure what the best way to do that in AVID would be, or what effect may be best. 

Any ideas?

• Mon, Jan 27 2014 2:20 PM In reply to

Re: Text "Wave" Effect

You should be able to promote the title effect to 3d, and then under the Shape parameter select Ball.  You'll have to play around with it and keyframe it to get it to look like a wave, which will probably be a pain, but there's no built-in "wave" effect that I'm aware of.

I'm sure other people will chime in with ideas, and hopefully one of them will be better than mine.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jan 27 2014 3:04 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,070
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

dowbyc:
    I'm fairly new to AVID

Hello Dowbyc,

I have no idea what version of Avid you have.

(In fact you may even be using Avid Studio - which is no longer an Avid product, and should be looked for at http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/242/ShowForum.aspx )

But let's say you have Avid Media Composer version 6 or higher..... then you have AvidFX as well.

Here is a short tutorial on how you can easily achieve the wave effect you are looking for  http://www.screencast.com/t/tBZxKgUvM

You will have to fine tune the parameters. But it is possible that it will work as I show - straight out of the box.

Good luck

Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:00 AM In reply to

• dowbyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Thank you so much for taking the time for that video! 

Currently I am working with AVID 5.5, so I don't beleive I have the same version of the effect editor, but it was very interesting to watch! 

• Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:01 AM In reply to

• dowbyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Thank You for the Reply!! 

It sounds similar to what I was thinking, I just didn't quite know how to start. So Thank You! I'll give it a shot and play around, I'm excited to see if I can make something work.  

• Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:06 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,070
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

dowbyc:

Thank You for the Reply!! 

It sounds similar to what I was thinking, I just didn't quite know how to start. So Thank You! I'll give it a shot and play around, I'm excited to see if I can make something work.  

Yes , Good luck!

Regards

Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller