Latest post Thu, Jan 9 2014 7:29 AM by Amber Todd. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 9 2014 7:29 AM

• Amber Todd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 13 2013
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

AVID Media Composer 7.0.3 crashing on AMA relink

OSX 10.9.5

2.93 GHz Intel Core i7

16GB 133 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk is 250GB SSD

I recently upgraded software for AVID Media Composer 7.0.3 and DavVinci Resolve 10.2 and since then have been having two repeated issues which are crashing my system and I wondered if someone might have an idea about this?

In AVID I am AMA linking to 5D footage (which is all fine) and then using Resolve to transcode the same files (with LUT) to Pro Res Proxy. Then I would normally relink my partially AVID-logged clips to these transcoded files and and complete the edit - exporting out an AAF for Resolve to re-link to my source files for final grading.

Problem is that the relink is giving me an error message. 

Assertion failed: mob ==oldMob

File:

/Snapshots/Relenglion3_1387339245/coresw/ame/Projects/Mac/.../.../src/CompMan/MobMan.c,Line: 647

and crash report:

I am also getting crashes in resolve when I try to export an AAF out for After Effects - and After Effects Pro Import is struggling to import muy sequences.

All of this workflow was fine last year - the only change being the updates that I have installed, other little bits and pieces of software I may have added like "sticky notifications" and the addition of an ipad via Air Display as a third screen for text notes and calender stuff.

I'm running the same drives and hardware.

If anyone could help to decode the error report I would be so grateful! Happy to send the report from the Resolve crash too if anyone wants to see it?

Process:         AvidMediaComposer [1144]

Path:            /Applications/Avid Media Composer/AvidMediaComposer.app/Contents/MacOS/AvidMediaComposer

Identifier:      com.avid.mediacomposer

Version:         7.0.3.2815 (7.0.3)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [265]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2014-01-09 17:44:04.663 +1100

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)

Report Version:  10

Interval Since Last Report:          37399 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           7436

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  14804 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   6

[Moderator note: Removed crash code report as it makes too long and isn't helpful to forum]

OSX 10.9.1 / iMac / 27in / Mid 2010 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller