Latest post Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:56 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:45 PM

• GBC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 10 2008
    • Canmore, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 43
    • Points 525

Avid FX Library & viewing thumbnails

I'm trying to view & preview effects in the Library Browser window of Avid FX64, the version delivered with MC 7.0.2. When I choose the default folder as the option, it finds the library. If I then choose to load thumnails it loads EVERY effect but I'm left being unable to shoose a specific category. If I select the specific folder to look for a category, say "transitions - glow" it doesn't find anything even though the folder is there. Any ideas on how to get previews in the Library Browser window?

• Thu, Jan 2 2014 1:25 AM In reply to

Re: Avid FX Library & viewing thumbnails

Not sure what's going on.  Make sure you're at the end of the chain with no more twirl down arrows, etc.

It working fine for me.

Best of luck.

• Thu, Jan 2 2014 6:55 PM In reply to

• GBC
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 43
    • Points 525

In the Library Browser the only twirl down arrow offers where to look for the Keyframe Library; "Use Default Folder" or "Choose Folder". The Library files do exist on C: but as mentioned in the original post, when I select "generate thumbnails" it loads everything into memory but gives me no option to preview effects. Any other thoughts out there??

• Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:51 PM In reply to

Have you re-installed?  On the latest 6.4 version?

• Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:44 PM In reply to

• GBC
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 43
    • Points 525

OK, got it. Right click and select open in new window .. then expand window. It's all there.

• Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,070
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

GBC:
    Any other thoughts out there?

A few years ago I made a short video tutorial on the danger of trying to generate all possible thumbnails for Avid FX.

it is HERE  (NB. If the video doesn't play on your browser, you should try it with Firefox)

The point being that you should be very careful about generating all thumbnails.

Regards

Douglas

PS. The tutorial was made in Avid FX 5.8(32 bit) - the appearance of the buttons has changed in Avid FX 6.x (64 bit) but the functions should work in a similar fashion

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller