Latest post Thu, Mar 6 2014 10:38 PM by CofB-TV. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:24 PM In reply to

• Hugh Moore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 29 2010
    • South Australia
    • Posts 44
    • Points 570

Re: Avid Pan & Zoom in Version 7.0.2 issues

Pat Horridge:
    Pans & zoom may in some ways be obselete now but we will be having to deal with projects using it for years

Can you expand what you meen by this, do you suggest different tool for dealing with still images in MC.

Thanks

Hugh

MC 8.3.1 MB: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX750 RAM: 12 GB Windows 10 Boot Drive: SSD Monitors: Dual User: Hobbyist [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:06 PM In reply to

• davidhh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 18 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

I am seeing the same problems on 7.0.2 on a mac – Avid P&Z won't load tif files.  Jpgs load but only render single field.  Same thing when using AMA for stills.  TIFs work with AMA but only render single field.  This is all in an NTSC project (SD, interlaced).  

• Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:40 PM In reply to

With V7 we can now use AMA and frameflex or theres an Avid FX option as well.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jan 5 2014 3:20 AM In reply to

CofB-TV:
    OK I opened up the same project on another computer running 6.5.3 and it too can't load a photoshop in Avid Pan & Zoom
    I just installed FastPictureViewer after reading Marianna's post

"QuickTime has been replaced with Windows Imaging framework on the PC.  By default the plug-in now supports: JPEG, GIF,Pan TIFF, BMP, PNG and HD Photo.

Additionally you can download codecs for: • Adobe DNG  • Canon RAW • Nikon RAW • Sony RAW • Olympus  RAW • Pentax RAW • JPEG 2000

You can also purchase ($14.95) the FastPictureViewer codec pack that includes  (http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/) lots of formats such as TGA, PSD (Photoshop),OpenEXR, and others.)"

Thanks Marianna. I can now happily Pan and Zoom Photoshop files (the only format from that list that I tested) with MC 7.0.3 on a PC. 

FWIW and I do not know how long the special will last but currently they have a Christmas deal and the price is reduced to $9.99

• Wed, Jan 15 2014 1:35 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,818
    • Points 63,185

Thanks for this, AndrewAction - I just installed the $9.99 codec pack and I get two bonuses. First, Avid Pan & Zoom now works with PSD files. Also, Windows thumbnails show photoshop file content.

Cheers

MC 2021.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2021 | Sapphire 2021 | Mocha Pro 2021 | Titler Pro 7.7 | Windows 10 Pro x64 (21H1) | System: Asus x299, i9-7940X (4.1GHz... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Wed, Mar 5 2014 4:52 PM In reply to

• CofB-TV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bloomington MN
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,485

Well now that we moved all of our MC systems to 6.5.4, I am stuck with this new inferior version of Avid Pan & Zoom. It really is a step backwards from the old version I was uisng on 5.3.3. Eveytime I open up a new one and I want the picture to float over the video, I have to change that pulldown tab to change it from color. That was not needed before. But the biggest complaint if the quality of the images is awful. I am running in SD DV50 project, but at least the still images were clean and sharp before. Now they have horizontal jaggies on them and the edge of the pictures have a flutter to them as they move across the screen. Not impressed. I am going to be purchasing BCC and hopefully their Pan & Zoom will be much improved. Avid's just is not usable. Sad

System #1 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX - Media Composer 6.5.4 - 8Gbit Fibre Channel Client on Facilis TerrablockSystem... [view my complete system specs]

System #1 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX

System #2 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX

• Thu, Mar 6 2014 5:06 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,450
    • Points 98,435

Have you tried FastPictureViewer (Andrew's suggestion)?  I've installed it and in the process discovered that their licencing scheme is a per user one.  You can install it on as many PCs as you own.

(I don't know whether the price has gone up yet, but either way it's still cheap).

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 6 2014 10:38 PM In reply to

• CofB-TV
    • Not Ranked
    • Bloomington MN
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,485

jwrl:

Have you tried FastPictureViewer (Andrew's suggestion)?  I've installed it and in the process discovered that their licencing scheme is a per user one.  You can install it on as many PCs as you own.

(I don't know whether the price has gone up yet, but either way it's still cheap).

I have not. So this would then allow us to poorly Pan & Zoom multipal image files? I think we are going to purchase BCC and try their Pan & Zoom plugin. Maybe Avid's Pan & Zoom works great in HD, but we are still working in SD and I really don't like how it looks.

Its hard to see the bad images on this with YouYube's compression and such, but this is how it looked when I edited yesterday

http://youtu.be/vgKMFO1NrNU?t=29s

System #1 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX - Media Composer 6.5.4 - 8Gbit Fibre Channel Client on Facilis TerrablockSystem... [view my complete system specs]

System #1 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX

System #2 HP z800 Workstation dual 6 core CPU Win 7 64bit 12GB of RAM with Nitrix DX

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller