Latest post Sun, Dec 15 2013 5:19 AM by Tiger_XP. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 14 2013 8:49 AM

How do you lower the volumes in a selected audio track

I know you have to go into the mixer tool and lower the volumes manually, but is that really how you do it?

And also, how do you make sure that an entire music segment will be lowered, per se? Do you have to mark your in and out within that segment to be sure that specific area will be lowered?

I am working on a project. Almost done, but I need to lower the music which plays in the bakground?

So really my question is, how do you simply do that?

Also, where do you go to add credits and titles to your project?

• Sat, Dec 14 2013 11:40 AM In reply to

Re: How do you lower the volumes in a selected audio track

The mixer tool will adjust the selected clip for that track. You can mark in and out and do a relative adjustment or an absolute adjustment.

Title tool, Marquee or the new Blue Titler are good places to start with titles.

You can also use Avid FX or even use an external App like After Effects.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Sat, Dec 14 2013 1:58 PM In reply to

• dmfreeman
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,850
    • Points 24,220

If you are using MC7 you can use the white slider tool at the beginning of the audio track.  Click on in and you can type in or use the slider to correct the volume.

Denny

Media Composer 8.5.4, BCC 10.0.0074, AvidDVD 6.4.4, Boris Red 5.5.2.1382, Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard with Intel 3930K Processor. 32 gigs DDR3 ram, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 15 2013 5:19 AM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 2 2007
    • Posts 460
    • Points 5,075

If you have a "vast" selection of audio plug-ins (Wave or UAD), select "Audio Suite" from the tools window. Using a leveler/limiter will eliminate peaks and valleys in the audio if it has them.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller