Latest post Sat, Nov 23 2013 7:20 AM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:19 AM

My timeline won't show the clips on it.

I'm sure the solution is a workspace setting or a qick click of some kind. I double click on the sequence and it doesn't show any clips, but i know the sequence has clips on it. The sequence file has a size bigger than 0. But just in case I had deleted everything on the timeline, I went to the attic and retrieved an earlier copy. But i open it and the timeline still isn't showing any clips.

What obvious thing am I missing?

I'm including screen shots. I am a student learning the product.

• Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:20 AM In reply to

Re: My timeline won't show the clips on it.

Here is what i'm seeing

• Sat, Nov 23 2013 2:40 AM In reply to

• dmfreeman
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,850
    • Points 24,220

Looks like you havn't dropped any clips onto the timeline.  You can use the red overwrite arrow above the timeline with the source monitor active to place your clips on the timeline.  Then it will show in the record monitor and timeline.

Hope this helps,

Denny

Media Composer 8.5.4, BCC 10.0.0074, AvidDVD 6.4.4, Boris Red 5.5.2.1382, Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard with Intel 3930K Processor. 32 gigs DDR3 ram, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 23 2013 4:21 AM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,161
    • Points 23,185

the media your showing is in the source monitor  you have no clips in the timeline  they would show up in the rt monitor.. and you can drag and drop clips in to the time line from the bins...

hope this helps

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Sat, Nov 23 2013 7:20 AM In reply to

Here are some free tutorials that might help you get started.  They were written for Media Composer 6, but the techniques are the same:

http://apps.avid.com/Get-trained-mc6/new-to-mc.html

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller