Latest post Thu, Nov 7 2013 3:56 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 24 2013 5:11 PM

Boston Avid Users Group Nov 20 meeting info

Join us Nov 20 at Avid where FRONTLINE's Associate Director of Broadcast, Chris Fournelle, and Post-Production Supervisor, Megan McGough, will illustrate media management strategies and workflows from acquisition through broadcast. On the recent fast turn-around documentary "Egypt in Crisis" Chris was on the ground in Cairo as pro-Morsi supporters clashed with government forces.  He and Megan will demonstrate how FRONTLINE plans for situations like this, the tools used to get it done, and some of the lessons learned along the way.   They will cover:
    • How FRONTLINE ingested and stored the source media and the reasoning behind decisions like when to edit with AMA and when to transcode.
    • How the team in Cairo simultaneously shared the media with the teams in Boston, New York, and Washington, DC, and what tools they used.
    • File-based organization protocols that make post-production more efficient--both in time and money.
    • Post-production strategies that minimize delays during a hectic week of post when there are several simultaneous deliverables.
    • How to handle captioning in the Avid timeline, including making last minute changes.
    • How FRONTLINE produces its file-based broadcast masters and how they are delivered to PBS.
    • Guidelines for file-based archival workflows, on-going struggles, and future plans.

Our raffle will include:

A free 2 or 3 day class from Future Media Concepts, a 2014 BAVUG Membership and other great prizes!

Due to the capacity of the room, you must be registered to attend! Unregistered attendees will not be guaranteed admittance. Registration for this event is open to BAVUG Members exclusively from 10/23-10/30.   Non-Members may register from 10/30-11/19 visit: BAVUG.org to learn more
    MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Thu, Oct 31 2013 4:54 PM In reply to

Re: Boston Avid Users Group Nov 20 meeting info

Reminder that Registration for this meeting is now open to the general public.  Sign up now, seats are filling up fast.

www.bavug.org

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Nov 7 2013 3:56 PM In reply to

Re: Boston Avid Users Group Nov 20 meeting info

As of right now there are only 23 spots remaining for this meeting.  Also did you know that if you register before 11/13/13 @ 630pm  you'll get a free raffle ticket at the door?  We're giving away a 2014 BAVUG Membership, a free 2 or 3 day class at Future Media Concepts, plus a copy of Avid Media Composer v7!!!  

Don't miss it, register now at bavug.org

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller