Latest post Tue, Nov 12 2013 5:03 PM by mikooka. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:00 PM

• mikooka
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 31 2009
    • Posts 50
    • Points 630

AVCHD & MC6 & Transcoding AMA

Hi guys, 

Im looking for a small solution to a HUGE problem:)

I had MC 5.5 and AMA workflow was a dream. Since i bought the MC6 i cant transcode AMA which is AVCHD. 

Well, it works for awhile, a clip or two, somteimes five, and the i get the annoying: 
    Exception: AMAProducerTask::Execute: AMA Plug-In Unable to Provide Sample 

I spent a lot of time reading many posts around the subject and couldnt find the reason... 

Ive got a *MONSTER* system (CPU shouldnt be the problem), i'm linking to the folder (not to the files), i work with empty drives (lack of space is not the problem), i've got no Perian on my system, tried to reinstall my AVCHD AMA plugIn..

By the way, importing these files couses the same error...
    i can try and do it one by one, but it's 20H footage (documentary)  

Anyone? ideas?

Thanks a lot for any potential help... :) 

Mika

• Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:15 PM In reply to

• Ken984
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Louisiana
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,110

Re: AVCHD & MC6 & Transcoding AMA

mikooka:

Hi guys, 

Im looking for a small solution to a HUGE problem:)

I had MC 5.5 and AMA workflow was a dream. Since i bought the MC6 i cant transcode AMA which is AVCHD. 

Well, it works for awhile, a clip or two, somteimes five, and the i get the annoying: 
    Exception: AMAProducerTask::Execute: AMA Plug-In Unable to Provide Sample 

I spent a lot of time reading many posts around the subject and couldnt find the reason... 

Ive got a *MONSTER* system (CPU shouldnt be the problem), i'm linking to the folder (not to the files), i work with empty drives (lack of space is not the problem), i've got no Perian on my system, tried to reinstall my AVCHD AMA plugIn..

By the way, importing these files couses the same error...
    i can try and do it one by one, but it's 20H footage (documentary)  

Anyone? ideas?

Thanks a lot for any potential help... :) 

Mika

I had a lot of issues with AVCHD in MC 6x also. Moving to 7 fixed it for me. Works everytime now. Might want to download the trial and see if it works for you as well.

DIY. Intel 3930k I7, Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 MB, Nvidia Quadro 2000, 16GB ram. 256GB Samsung 840Pro SSD boot drive, 1.5TB SATA for internal storage, 4TB G... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:22 PM In reply to

• mikooka
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 630

Great idea. Didn't even concider it... does it mean i have to uninstall my current version? 

• Thu, Oct 24 2013 2:12 PM In reply to

• Pheral
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sylva, NC USA
    • Posts 966
    • Points 12,235

Yes, but should be pretty painless if you're up to spec.  Make sure you check QT and driver versions.  Don't forget to deactivate if you're not using a dongle.

Media Composer v8.9.2 | Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit | Supermicro X10DAi | Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4 Broadwell (x2) | Noctua NH-D9DX i4 (x2) | PNY GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 24 2013 9:57 PM In reply to

AAgreed since installing mc7.0.2 my avchd transcode issues have disappeared 

peter

Windows 7 Pro 64, Intel i7 3.4 ghz cpu, 32 GIG DDR3, MC 8.4.5 Pro Tools 10 & 11 [view my complete system specs]

Peter Groom

Dubbing Mixer

• Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:06 PM In reply to

Hi Peter,

I was having the same issue as you with spanned clips. Are you saying that upgrading to 7.02 solved the AVCHD spanned clip issues?

Thanks Greg

HP Z800- 2 Xeon Quad Core Processors 2.93 GHZ,24 GB Ram, 2 X 1TB 7.2 RPM sata internal drives, Windows 7, sp1, 64-bit Avid MC 7.0.2 - Matrox Mini-02,NVidia... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:52 PM In reply to

Hi Gergory

Yes that is exactly what im saying.

I spoke with marianne (via email) and she felt that a lot of work had been done on the  AMA and transcoding of spanned clips area bertween 7 and 7.02 and that I should try the upgrade from 7.0.

Since then I havent had any issues with Upstream pipestalls etc etc and have transcoded many spanned avchd clips successfully. Id recomment you give it a try (and make sure you have the correct plug ins for avchd also.

Good luck

Peter

Windows 7 Pro 64, Intel i7 3.4 ghz cpu, 32 GIG DDR3, MC 8.4.5 Pro Tools 10 & 11 [view my complete system specs]

Peter Groom

Dubbing Mixer

• Mon, Oct 28 2013 6:42 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter, you've made my day. Greg

HP Z800- 2 Xeon Quad Core Processors 2.93 GHZ,24 GB Ram, 2 X 1TB 7.2 RPM sata internal drives, Windows 7, sp1, 64-bit Avid MC 7.0.2 - Matrox Mini-02,NVidia... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 29 2013 2:03 AM In reply to

• bobcat
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 20 2006
    • Southwest, USA
    • Posts 522
    • Points 6,075

I have been having no issues transcoding AVCHD with MC 6.5.2. These are not spanned clips however. Looking forward to upgrading to 7.0.2 soon.

Avid MC 6.5.2.1 with 27"iMac 2.8GHz Intel i7 OSX 10.8.3, 12GB memory, ATi Radeon HD 4850, Caldigit Raid [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 29 2013 8:01 AM In reply to

HI Bobcat

I too had no problems with non spanned clips, but spanned was a 100% royal pain.

No issues since 7.0.2 tho.

Peter

Peter Groom

Dubbing Mixer

• Tue, Nov 12 2013 5:01 PM In reply to

• mikooka
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 630

ok, so it took me awhile but i tried to do it with MC7 and indeed it worked! gread AMA worklow. 

I worked with the demo, do you suggest buying it? (i read all sorts of scary threads about it...)

Besides, i did a 85 DN X HD transcode (something the MC7 offers and MC6 dosent), and now i cant open thoise files in MC6... do you know of a way to do it? 

Cheers,

Mika 

• Tue, Nov 12 2013 5:03 PM In reply to

• mikooka
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 630

Oh, forgot to mention - i can "open" the bin in MC6 with all the trancoding i made with MC7, but the source monitor says WRONG FORMAT... 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller