Latest post Mon, Oct 7 2013 3:55 PM by Johan Kruijff. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 2 2013 6:55 PM

Media Composer doens't work on the network

When i disable the network, the Media Composer works normallly.

Media Composer 6.04

Mac Pro 2010

System = OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Processaor = 2 Quad Core Intel Xeon 2,4GHz (Westmere)

Memory= 16GB DDR3 1066MHz

Vídeo = ATI Radeon HD 5770

XDCAM Drive Software PDW-U1 = 4.0.1

Matrox MX02 LE

Media Composer 6.04 Mac Pro 2010 System: OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) Processaor: 2 Quad Core Intel Xeon 2,4GHz (Westmere) Memory: 16GB DDR3 1066MHz ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 2 2013 7:16 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer doens't work on the network

And when i turn off the engine to my car, the parking brake works normally.

What's the problem? Specifically.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:09 PM In reply to

On some workstations, the same problem happens. We need to import some files from network storage, but the average Media Composer interrupts their functions and the rainbow death appears. When we disable network connections Media Composer works normally. So we have to copy the file storage on the network, to the local drive where edited, each workstation has its own, and then import into Media Composer local drive.

Media Composer 6.04 Mac Pro 2010 System: OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) Processaor: 2 Quad Core Intel Xeon 2,4GHz (Westmere) Memory: 16GB DDR3 1066MHz ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:26 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,231
    • Points 15,520
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Hi Johan,and welcome to the Avid Community!!! Hope we can help.

Please reply to this, and list the following things so we can support you best:

- What version(s) of Media Composer? (Example: "two systems, version 6.5.2 and version 5.5.3")

- What OS? Windows 7? Mac Mtn Lion?

- What brand and specs is your network storage?

- What cable type is your network connections? Ethernet? Fiber? USB?

- Are you connected directly, or running through a system like Avid Interplay?

Thanks!

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

• Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:53 PM In reply to

I'm sorry for the way I expressed in that email.

Network = Ethernet 1G

Cable = CAT5

Switch = HP V1910

Media Composer 6.04

Mac Pro 2010 

System = OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Processaor = 2 Quad Core Intel Xeon 2,4GHz (Westmere)

Memory= 16GB DDR3 1066MHz

Vídeo = ATI Radeon HD 5770

NAS Server Iomega StorCenter PX12-350R 24TB.

I work on local disk, but I need import some files from network storage.

thanks!!!

• Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:15 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,231
    • Points 15,520
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Hi Johan,

Your list looks good. Hardware shouldn't be an issue unless the NAS needs an updated driver installed locally. But I doubt that.

Describe the files you are trying to access. Are they raw XDCam clips or Avid DNxHD media?

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

• Thu, Oct 3 2013 1:09 AM In reply to

Hi,

The fact of being with the network settings "status connected", is enough to freeze the functions of Media Composer. Need not be connected to any network device.

Thanks

• Fri, Oct 4 2013 6:04 PM In reply to

I have a mac pro and editor MC 6.04. Sometime, it freezes like when is working for a long time. When deactivated network connections, the Media Composer back to work normally. This happens at any time during editing. Sometimes when we open the Media Composer, we need to disable network connections to finally open it, why it freezes while opening. When we try to export to XDCAM, we could only see a window with the properties of XDCAM when deactivated network connections.  I edit in the local disk, the network only need to import some files. There must be some setting in the settings from Mac to solve it. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Media Composer 6.04

Mac Pro 2010 

System: OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Processaor: 2 Quad Core Intel Xeon 2,4GHz (Westmere)

Memory: 16GB DDR3 1066MHz

Vídeo: ATI Radeon HD 5770

NAS Server Iomega StorCenter PX12-350R 24TB.

Network cable = CAT5

Bandwidth: Gigabit Ethernet

• Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:51 PM In reply to

Does the nework you are connected to also distribute your internet connection?

I remember having the same issue when I was connected via ethernet to a router, but the router itself was not connected to the internet.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:16 PM In reply to

I think you have some permissions, sharing and network setup issues.

FWIW I have had 2 Macs (earlier Mac Pro's than yours) on my Windows based server network for at least 5 years. Over that time I have run every Mac OS and MC version. They have always been on the network (and Internet) without issues. I file transfer graphics, audio, and source files on an almost a daily basis.

Do you have WiFi? Do you have anything on a FW port that may invole that being seen as a network connection?

• Mon, Oct 7 2013 2:29 PM In reply to

Thanks for your answer.

We have one router that gives us acess to internet, access that was given by informatic department. Router that gives us access to others layers and others protocols.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

• Mon, Oct 7 2013 3:55 PM In reply to

Thanks for your answer, Andrew.

There is no other network connection, but that which we use for internet, email, and other network resources. All programs operate with relative normality, with the exception of Avid Media Composer and it freezes only when deactivated normalizes network connections. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller