Latest post Tue, Aug 27 2013 6:13 PM by Luc Desjardins. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 27 2013 6:13 PM

Performances issues with AMA AVCHD within Media Composer 7

Hi everyone! 

I recently upgraded from Media Composer 6.5 to Media Composer 7 Interplay 

I am having some performance issues and would like to make sure everything is set up correctly. 

My configuration is an HP Z400 station equipped with: 

W3550 processor ((8M Cache, 3.06 GHz, 4.80 GT/s Intel® QPI)

12 Gb of RAM

Nvidia Quadro 4000 Graphic Card

An Intel Solid State Drive (On which media composer is installed)

External Media hard drives connected via eSATA 

I installed the version of the Quadro drivers Media Composer 7 is asking for, and now, I get neither warning nor error message when starting it. 

In version 6.5, I had no problems editing 1080p 24p AVCHD footage directly in AMA, but in version 7.0, it has become quite sluggish; it stutters when doing simple frame by frame stepping back and forth (The audio drops and struggles following my stepping).  This is happening on one master clip with no effects, one video track and two audio tracks. 

Also, I always wondered what exactly the GPU was doing in Media Composer. Is it supposed to speed up AMA playback? Is it suppose to give me faster render times? Or allow me to play a sequence with real-time effects even before I render? I am asking because I feel like I get none of these. 

Maybe My Graphic Card or Media Composer are not configured properly to work together?

In the meantime I roll backed to version 6.5.3, since I have projects I need to finish, but any pointers that would help me enjoy and use version 7 would be extremely helpful.

Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller