Latest post Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:11 PM by djluke. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:25 PM

• djluke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 7 2011
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

Titler Pro activation screen won't stop popping up

I've upgraded to MC7 on my mac OS 10.7.5 Excited about the easy to use NewBlue Titler and the rapid render times. However every time I open the titler I get the activation screen, anywhere from 15 seconds to 2 minutes after I've clicked on "Launch user interface".

It's really kind of sweet that Newblue wants to send me a welcome email every time i open the app, but my mailbox is getting kind of full. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a clue? I've contacted Newblue support and they've "sent this information to the developers"

• Mon, Aug 19 2013 10:05 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,328
    • Points 60,150
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Titler Pro activation screen won't stop popping up

Yep... a royal pain, for real.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 29 2013 2:47 PM In reply to

• NewBlueFX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 27 2010
    • Posts 32
    • Points 620
    • Avid Authorized Developer - AVX

Please try the most current version of the Avid MC7 bundle:

Mac:

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Avid/NewBlueTitlerProMC7UpdateMacSetup_130809.mpkg.zip

Win:

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Avid/NewBlueTitlerProForAvidMC7Setup_130813.exe

• Thu, Aug 29 2013 3:05 PM In reply to

• djluke
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

Yes i have installed the latest version, same behavior.

• Thu, Aug 29 2013 3:07 PM In reply to

• djluke
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

What would bve handy is a way to open titler outside of MC.  I have used a dropping letter transition effect that causes MC to hang when I exit titler

• Thu, Aug 29 2013 4:56 PM In reply to

I really, really, really wanted to like Titler Pro.   I downloaded the trial version but could never get it to work.   Initially, New Blue's tech support responded quickly and asked me to send them error logs, etc.   Then I never heard back from then again.   Too bad...   I was hoping for a quick & easy alternative to Avid's antiquated Title Tool.    So now it's back to AvidFX.

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Thu, Aug 29 2013 5:17 PM In reply to

• djluke
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

The one thing titler has going for it over avidfx is render time. Much faster with titler. But i agree not ready for prime time. Support is responsive, but doesn't have solutions.

• Mon, Nov 4 2013 7:50 PM In reply to

• Inbetween
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Breda The Netherlands
    • Posts 40
    • Points 560

Same issue here! Media Composer 7.0.2 running on Mac 10.7.5 Have to re-activate newblue titler over and over again. I even have to restart and activate for every new title I like to create.

Software seems unstable too. When trying to use a saved custom effect, titler gives up. Aaargghhh! 

ANYONE KNOWS A WORKAROUND?

Dell WS 690 dualcore 2,66, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB SATA raid 0. 2 x 750GB Nvidia 570 . Certified firewire PCI card. MOJO. MC 3.5.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 4 2013 7:57 PM In reply to

• Inbetween
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Breda The Netherlands
    • Posts 40
    • Points 560

Experience same activation problems over and over!

Have to reactivate for every new created title. Mailbox is getting overloaded with congratulations and welcomes:

Welcome to NewBlueFX.  Thank you for setting up your account and registering
    Titler Pro 1.0 for Media Composer 7. Within your account page you'll find all
    the information you need about product versions and available upgrades.

Please visit http://www.newbluefx.com/avid-titler-pro to learn all about
    using Titler Pro 1.0.

As a thank you for joining us, here is a coupon for 10% off your next
    purchase at NewBlueFX.com.

AND I HAVE 10 of this mails now. All with unique Do I get a 10 x 10% off = totally free bundle now?? 

Dell WS 690 dualcore 2,66, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB SATA raid 0. 2 x 750GB Nvidia 570 . Certified firewire PCI card. MOJO. MC 3.5.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:11 PM In reply to

• djluke
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller