Latest post Thu, Jan 29 2015 5:10 PM by filmfriseur. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 4 2013 10:33 PM

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 26 2013
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

Assign an effect to a key on the keyboard

Hi dear people,

do you have this wish sometimes, to be able to assign to a key a customized effect that need to be used oten in a certain project?

This, in order to avoid the drag on drop from a bin where the effect ready prepared lies onto the clip.
    Would save my old tendons! 

Greets!
    Bilbo 

Teaching: MC Apple or windows, Liquid (until 2 years ago), Premiere, FCP... Also Flash, Director, AE. Using: MC, FCP 7 & X At Home: MC 7.04 interplay... [view my complete system specs]

I love words, even if they make me crazy and are responsible for most of the fights and wars. I don't like these last two. 

• Sun, Aug 4 2013 11:06 PM In reply to

Re: Assign an effect to a key on the keyboard

+1

(We also need to be able to use more modifier keys with keyboard shortcuts.)

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Sun, Aug 4 2013 11:39 PM In reply to

+1

Avid Mediacomposer 6.5.0 Mac/PC with Nitris [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:48 AM In reply to

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

BobbyMurcerFan:

We also need to be able to use more modifier keys with keyboard shortcuts.

YES! +1

Teaching: MC Apple or windows, Liquid (until 2 years ago), Premiere, FCP... Also Flash, Director, AE. Using: MC, FCP 7 & X At Home: MC 7.04 interplay... [view my complete system specs]

I love words, even if they make me crazy and are responsible for most of the fights and wars. I don't like these last two. 

• Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:41 AM In reply to

If the customized effect is a transition you can use the Quick Transitions Bin trick. 

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:05 AM In reply to

I think we are talking about segment effect like 3D warp, color effect, BCC etc..

• Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:14 AM In reply to

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

Yes, customized segment effects.

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:05 PM In reply to

About the new modifiers keys: I do not think that it is possible to use ctrl/command keys to map new functions because they correspond to basic software functions (I know that FCP and Premiere offer this opportunity but the operation of the keyboard is very different, and in fact changing Ctrl S or Ctrl Z for exemple seems dangerous to me) However it is true that certain keys are not modifiable: I am talking about of the numeric keypad when you press the SHIFT key. We could therefore imagine 10 more customizable keys: Shift0, Shift1, Shift2... (Of course the direct 0,1,2,3... can't change because this is an existing function)

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:18 PM In reply to

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

French_Editor:

I am talking about of the numeric keypad when you press the SHIFT key. We could therefore imagine 10 more customizable keys: Shift0, Shift1, Shift2... (Of course the direct 0,1,2,3... can't change because this is an existing function)

Hi dear Damien, 

The problem of the numeric keypad is that it is not available - anymore - on macbooks Sad

Did you see this post?
    http://community.avid.com/forums/t/121451.aspx

Greets, Bilbo 

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:59 PM In reply to

It is true, this functions would not operate with a mac laptop :-(

I always miss "cmd /" on lap top, in order to view the all timeline.

It would be our responsability to map here some "additive function", but accepting that it won't work when we work on a laptop. For exemple, I mapped stuff like "mediatool", "select media relative", "set bin display" on my keyboard. I use it often, but when I'm editing on a laptop I could accept that I won't have KB shortcuts for that specific functions. Anyway, even if this KB shortcuts won't work in every cases, I think we would be happy to have the opportunity to add some new functions. And usefull segment effects such as 3Dwarp, paint, animate, color effect and BCC composite  ;-) as KB short cuts.

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 2:45 PM In reply to

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

Sure,

I have keyboard mapping for notebook and for external keyboard.

But not being able to type something like "+200f" when on the macbook is really a limitation...

I have to press 20 times 4 Big Smile

Greets, Bilbo

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 3:15 PM In reply to

• stevecohen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 3 2006
    • Venice, California
    • Posts 499
    • Points 5,520

Bilbo,

On a laptop, hit the Control key twice and you will be able to type numbers with the regular number keys in the top row.

Steve

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 4:28 PM In reply to

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

Hi dear Steve,

just tried your friendly advice.

Works with - sign like a charm.

Refused with + sign Sad

Thanks anyway... 
    Greets, Bilbo 

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 4:58 PM In reply to

• stevecohen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 3 2006
    • Venice, California
    • Posts 499
    • Points 5,520

Looks like we just found a bug. I am also not able to make the "f" trick work in 7.0. I'll report both.

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 5:11 PM In reply to

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

Hey Steve,

where do you report BUGs???

I though it was here.

Greets, Bilbo

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller