Latest post Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:39 PM by Seapic1988. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 23 2013 4:33 AM

• Seapic1988
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 23 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Importing Sony Handycam Footage Issues

Im having a bit of a problem importing my new Sony Handy-cam footage. The file kind is QT movie, with AAC, H.264 Codecs, and 5.1 dolby surround. I have recently upgraded to Media composer 6.5.0 and have not had a real chance to mess around with it yet. Every time I go to try to import the footage, I set all my setting and go to import it, but the computer go's into thinking mode and suddenly tells me, an unexpected error has occured and that I should save my project and restart the program. Does anyone have any Idea what the problem might be?

• Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:55 AM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 2 2007
    • California
    • Posts 460
    • Points 5,075

Re: Importing Sony Handycam Footage Issues

Start with listing specs of your system and how the footage is being imported.

a. Camera connected to computer?

b. Footage on a hard drive connected to computer? Type of connection?

c. Footage on an internal hard drive?

d. Footage on a card, card in a card reader connected to computer?

e. Did it work with your previous version of MC?

f. Etc.

MacPro 2008 3.1 | 34GB Ram | Quadro 4000 980ti 960| MC 8.10 | OS 10.6.8 10.13.6 | MOTU HDX-SDI | ATTO R644| LaCie 324 [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:00 PM In reply to

• Seapic1988
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Well I exported the footage from the camera to the Mac Desktop. and I backed it all up on a G- Drive using firewire. and I didnt even have a chance to try the footage on the older version. the cameras about a month old, and I upgraded the MC at the start of the year. I tried converting the footage, but no mader what way I do so the footage comes out slighty down graded, where anytime there is a signifigant amount of movement the subjects border develops these horizontal lines. I'm not real sure whats been going on. its been alittle while since I had a big project. and with this new camera and new upgrade its like im trying to learn MC all over again.

• Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:18 PM In reply to

Does the file have a .mov extension or ist .mts? If the latter it is AVCHD and you need to AMA link it.

iMac i7, 32gb memory, 1 tb hybrid drive, nvidia 680mx 2gb [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:39 PM In reply to

• Seapic1988
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Thanks But I tried AMA Linking it, but when I tried to view the clip the whole system froze up. I'm really clueless to what is going on.

Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller