Latest post Sat, Oct 4 2014 9:21 AM by cheegster. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:49 PM

• dskrobow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 5 2012
    • Posts 24
    • Points 300

Media Composer Crash Upon Render (errcode 2034)

Hi, I'm an amatuer Avid Media Composer user, and I could use some assistance.

I'm experiencing trouble when trying to export (to "QT Movie (.mov)") a section of a sequence (with in/out marks) containing one track of AVCHD (.MTS) video that is linked via AMA and has an unrendered AvidFX effect applied to it (There are about three separate effects applied to the footage from within AvidFX.); there are also two tracks of audio that come with the video. The footage is about 5 minutes long and is 1920x1080p@23.976. I only want to render about 5 seconds worth of the sequence so that I can see what it will look like with the effects from AvidFX applied...without having to "Render Effect" (which takes very long for a 5 minute clip and sometimes crashes my machine).

I experience this issue when I:

-Have an AVCHD clip linked via AMA to a bin and have it inserted into a sequence

1) Apply the AvidFX filter to the clip and use the AvidFX engine to modify the footage

2) Select a 5 second segment of the sequence using the In/Out marks

3) Click "file," then "Export"

4) Chose the "custom" export settings from the export options dialogue box with the dimensions set to 1920x1080...(...the same as my project settings, but, when I try to chose the "Same as Project" option, I get a message saying that no footage was found....)

5) Chose "Save" from the original Export dialogue box

It begins to render, making it about 20 seconds in...but then the computer crashes or I get an error message:

"exception: movie export from procdures failed: errcode -2034"

Any advice on how to resolve this issue is very greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

When I try to QT Movie export a segment of the sequence without the AvidFX applied to the clip, it works.

When I try to QT Movie export a segment of the sequence with the clip transcoded into 1:1 MXF and with the AvidFX filter applied, it works. However, shouldn't I be able to export...properly even if I'm using AMA media instead of transcoded media?

System:

Media Composer 6.5.3; Windows 7 Professional 64-bit; Intel core-i7, 8 (4 virtual) 2.67 GHz; 6GB RAM

• Thu, Jul 18 2013 5:38 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,491
    • Points 64,420

Re: Media Composer Crash Upon Render (errcode 2034)

I'd try to render before export, see how that works and report back please.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:13 PM In reply to

• dskrobow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 24
    • Points 300

Hi luca.mg, thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm assuming that you mean that I should render the effect. Interestingly enough, when I try to render the effect (which is applied to the entire 5 minute clip), Media Composer crashes. The reason that I am trying to do a partial-final export/render of a segment of the sequence is so that I don't have to wait for the entire effect to be rendered for the clip.

Any tips are very much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:43 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,491
    • Points 64,420

Video driver and QuickTime versions?

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Jul 18 2013 1:41 PM In reply to

• dskrobow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 24
    • Points 300

QT version: 7.7.4

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, driver version: 9.18.13.1106

• Thu, Jul 18 2013 2:25 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,491
    • Points 64,420

You should run QT 7.7.3, if the render error persist after rolling back QT You'll have to experiment with the GeForce drivers until You find a working one, the latest not necessarliy being the one that gets along with MC; a forum search for GeForce might spot a known to work driver.

peace luca

• Sat, Oct 4 2014 9:21 AM In reply to

• cheegster
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 5 2014
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Think I just solved this at home, had a very similar problem.

I tried exporting and it kept comng up with 

Execption:std: exception, what: "Segmentation fault in thread "AMEDeferredTaskExecutor 08" at address 0X0

...so I thought I'd at least try and render the whole thing, to no avail. Finally pinpointed the effect it was that was causing the trouble, tried rendering it by itself and it just crashed as normal.

Then, I just decided to go in and change the effect slightly (New Blue Titler) and all i did was literally take a hyphon out, render the effect by itself and export the sequence. It worked.

Not sure if this might help but thought I'd post my solution anyway.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller