Latest post Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:57 AM by CerpinTaxt. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 10 2013 9:12 PM

• CerpinTaxt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 10 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Activation of Media composer 7 on mac?

Hey guys

I've spent all day trying to activate my copy of media composer 7 and i've exhaused pretty much all of my options. The lisence profile tool on my copy is worthless as it doesn't contain any of my codes, and the activiation code i have been sent from the third party (Student edition) is in the wrong format. The activation ID required needs 16 characters, and the one i've been sent it something like 24. Not to mention i haven't been sent a system ID. I'm really frustrated here after paying £200 for software i can't currently use, and it would only add insult to injury if i have to pay to phone up avid customer support. I'm a student, by definition that means i'm pretty poor haha. 

I'd be eternally gratetful for any information you could share on the matter.

Tyler

• Thu, Jul 11 2013 12:06 AM In reply to

Re: Activation of Media composer 7 on mac?

Take the last 16 numbers, and use those as the SN. I'll wager the first numbers are the SYSTEM ID...since it is 11 characters long. 

• Thu, Jul 11 2013 12:18 AM In reply to

Also, all licensing support calls are FREE.

and student versions of MC can get a year's worth of support for $100 USD

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Thu, Jul 11 2013 12:47 AM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,315
    • Points 59,940
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Please keep us informed if you continue to have issues.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:55 AM In reply to

• CerpinTaxt
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

I tried that to no success, but thank you all for the advice! I think i'll call AVID tomorrow if support is free for licensing issues. Is this for definite? 

• Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:57 AM In reply to

• CerpinTaxt
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Just to add, it didn't work because the activation code i have been given is a mixture of characters and numbers, and the system ID has to be purely numeric. I think this issue is leaning towards being sent a faulty code perhaps so i'll have to see what they say tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller