Latest post Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:04 AM by camoscato. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:45 AM

• Abyssmal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 8 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Avid License Control Blank

Hi there, I'm trying to register my copy of MC7 but when it comes to inputting my details Avid License Control is completley blank and I'm unable to do anything. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Filed under: , , , , ,
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:52 AM In reply to

Re: Avid License Control Blank

Hi,

Are you using software activation, or do you have a USB dongle attached?  Is this a brand new purchase of MC7, or did you upgrade from a previous version?  Is it a commercial license, or an academic license?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:12 AM In reply to

• Abyssmal
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Hey Carl,

I'm trying to activate my software online, and this is me trying to upgrade from MC6. But for this upgrade I've uninstalled All MC6 files and just downloaded and installed MC7.

I have an academic license which I got with MC5.

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:18 AM In reply to

Abyssmal:
    I have an academic license which I got with MC5.

First thing to check is you're eligible for the upgrade: http://www.avid.com/US/support/upgrade-academic-free

If you are, make sure you've registered at: http://www.avid.com/US/support/register

Let us know what you find out from those pages.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:31 AM In reply to

• Abyssmal
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Yes, I've registered and gotten my serial number and download Link for MC 7. I just can't use it is my problem.

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:36 AM In reply to

The next step is to contact Avid Support for help.

http://www.avid.com/us/support/support-contact

Select "Video" from the links on the left, then select your region from the drop-down menu.  When you call, select option 2 for help with activation issues.  You don't need a support code; help with activation problems is free.

If for whatever reason you're not able to get it solved that way, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She's their customer advocate, and is good at solving problems like this.

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:58 AM In reply to

• Abyssmal
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Okay, I shall give that a shot. Thanks alot for your help :D

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:04 AM In reply to

If there's a delay during any part of the process of getting this solved, you can run MC in trial mode, which is fully functional and lasts for 30 days.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller